will I have scar pain forever?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

will I have scar pain forever?

Postby zinnia » 30 Jun 2017, 11:25

Hi posting this here as folks don't seem to respond on fistula forum as much- but basically at this point post surgery it is same thing- I had a fistulotomy that curved around anus- outside healing is fine, but the inside opening wound is giving me trouble- a constant burning irritant. Doc says skin covers everything now and I may just always have pain from scar. it really is demoralizing and effects my daily living- in part cause I always worry that something is still in fact wrong or going to be.
For those of you who have had incisions just inside anus how are you feeling and managing? This is a surprise as outer entrance was one side and feels ok , but inner area is on left side where I never really had pain before until surgery and excavation.
The CRS said it would prob always hurt- which horrifies me. I am at 12 weeks post -op- words of encouragement and advice needed!!!! Thanks!
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: will I have scar pain forever?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Jun 2017, 12:42

Hi I haven't had a fistula but my fissure site was really sore after BMs for about 5 months after surgery and it had healed by the 3 month mark but I was still getting burning and stinging after multiple BMs
I think some people just have more sensitive skin I know I had a cut in my upper arm that was sore for months after it healed if I knocked it.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby zinnia » 30 Jun 2017, 13:10

MPB- that helps immensely to hear that. Thank-you for responding! Did you pit anything special on it? I had a fissure first which seemed to cause fistula- nephedipine helped heal, but I think has been actually irritating as of late.
zinnia
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Jun 2017, 14:25

I did in the beginning but after week 8 figured it might be best to leave well alone and only put something on when my crohns flares
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby zinnia » 01 Jul 2017, 09:22

Has anyone used coconut oil? And then someone who uses essential oils suggested frankincense? I Am open to any thoughts. I also would love more assurances that I can make the scar not ruin my day. Beginning to regret having operation, yet I guess I had no choice.
zinnia
Salt Bather

Postby zinnia » 03 Jul 2017, 14:50

Any thoughts!!! I also am aware when applying anything that there is a large crevice horizontally inside :-( I rea;;y wish there was more post op advice!
zinnia
Salt Bather