Would love some advice

and someone to chat to

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Would love some advice

Postby JustMe81 » 23 Jul 2017, 19:30

Hello Fellow Fissure Sufferers

I had two hemorrhoids banded on Tuesday at 2pm (nearly 6 full days ago). I noticed a very slight sting and soreness in my anus as soon as I woke up from the general. It was mild so I assumed it was all part of the process. Unfortunately the sting got worse and worse each day till I was in tears and at a 7-8/10 pain. It is a sharp sting during a BM and lingers for hours after. By Sunday I couldn't take it anymore and had started to suspected an anal fissure. I sms'ed my surgeon and he agreed that i was a possible fissure. He suggested rectogesic, which I purchased straight away.

Rectogesic helps in the day to day pain bringing it down to a 4/10 with a lovely side effect of nausea and headaches. Today I am going to try a little less rectogesic in hopes it decreases to side effects. I also drink 2.5 litres of water per day, take magnesium, movicol, not doing any heavy lifting and having 2-3 sitz bathes per day (I have this luxury till Thursday then back to work and one per day). I also have a little step I use when having a BM and noticed if i let the BM come out very slowly it hurts less on the way out.

Is there anything else I can do to heal this? Anything I can do to prevent it from becoming a life long issue? With the above steps how long do you think it will take for it to heal? I just cannot believe I went in for hemorrhoid banding and came out with a fissure. It so painful and really impacts your mental health.

I would love someone to talk to
JustMe81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Would love some advice

Postby hurtinend » 24 Jul 2017, 19:37

Keep using the rectogesic. Usually the side effects lessen as your body gets used to it. Has the surgeon looked at you since the surgery? Maybe it's general soreness as a result of the banding?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby JustMe81 » 25 Jul 2017, 00:01

Thank you for replying hurtsinend

I saw the CRS on Monday. Oddly the rectogesic cream made my symptoms a little better on Sunday but now the cream makes
Them worse.

The CRS has a look down there. He said he wouldn't see it because my rectal muscles were so tight he couldn't open it up far enough to look. He got a cotton bud and pressed it around the anus. I jumped through the roof when he got to the sore spot. He says whilst he can't see it I present like an anal fissure.

I'm back to 9/10 pain most of the day. I work myself up to tears every day. I know I can't be doing the fissure any good stressing like this.

I feel incapacitated by this
JustMe81
Fibre Addict

Postby hurtinend » 25 Jul 2017, 19:14

sorry about your pain. Did the doc provide you with something for pain?

Rectogesic will not help overnight, it takes time to work so best to stick with it if you can.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 Jul 2017, 05:04

Keep on with the rectogesic like hurt says it can take a while to work but it can help especially if you apply regularly
Also ask about pain relief gabapentin has been the only thing that touched the spasm pain for me and doesn't have the constipating effect of other painkillers
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby JustMe81 » 26 Jul 2017, 09:27

Thank you Hurt and MyPoorButt

I've started to use my little finger to apply to cream. I'm wondering if maybe my index finger was to big a tearing it again.

I got my period today which is making everything much worse. I also probably have endometriosis in my rectum so when I get my period the pain is horrific during BMs and passing wind. I'm absolutely terrified of my first ever fissure and endometriosis bowel motion tomorrow.

Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot !!
JustMe81
Fibre Addict

Postby JustMe81 » 26 Jul 2017, 09:29

Hurt - just Panadol and nurofen for pain. Fearful anything stronger will constipate me
JustMe81
Fibre Addict