Anyone have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as well?

Anyoen have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as well?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as well?

Postby blueangel » 03 Aug 2017, 16:58

I have 3 anal fissures that are chronic and in bad shape. I have also found out recently that I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disease. This can lead to easy skin tearing and scarring. My doctor was orginally wanting to do a LIS, but now she has backed off since the tearing might be more from the disease than the tight anal sphincter. Just wondered if any of you have Eds and how you have received treatment. Thanks for any help.
blueangel

Topics: 3

Re: Anyone have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as well?

Postby Laurieb » 05 Aug 2017, 08:46

I read about this syndrome last week and I was sure I had it. Even call my regional rare diseases association and they asked me about 60 questions related to the symptoms. I have several of the symptoms, but no joint, head on stomach pain, no fatigue and no frequent dislocation. They told me I have to have theses problems be diagnosed with EDS. Oh and I develop a fissure almost a year ago and had LIS 5 weeks ago. CRS said I had a large fissure. It's healing but I had a minor setback 2 weeks ago. I'm easily constipated even with all the fiber/laxative. I'll talk about this syndrom to my family doctor at my next appnt. Have you already had any surgeries?
Laurieb
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Anyone have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as well?

Postby pcarraig » 25 Jan 2018, 22:42

Hello, I am a 37 yo male and I have Ehlers Danlos, classical type. My main symptoms are hyper elastic skin and joint hyper mobility. I also have chronic constipation, another symptom of EDS, which has resulted in an anal fissure that won’t heal. I use Miralax daily to deal with the constipation and this helps control things for the most part. Still I would love to not be on the laxative at all and have normal bowel movements, no straining and no discomfort afterwards. Even with daily Miralax I will have occasional flated of the fissure with minor bleeding. Wondering if anyone else with EDS has experienced similar issues and what have they done to address them.
pcarraig