Will it heal?

what do I do now?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Will it heal?

Postby Glorybee » 07 Aug 2017, 16:25

So I've been dealing with a fissure since late April. At that time I used Rectiv, and continued to work (riding horses). I do believe the fissure healed and then reopened about a month ago. Since then I've used Mirilax and Nifedipine (and took some time off from riding). I thought that the fissure was healing ( I could feel some new tissue internally) but the GI doctor I've been seeing most recently told me today it is in fact not healing and recommended that I see a CRS.

I've been to several doctors for this issue - three surgeons (two misdiagnosed me with hemorrhoids and said I needed a hemorrhoidectomy) and one only wants to do LIS. I really, really do not want surgery. But the question is: is there still chance this fissure can heal? I would say with the nifedipine I'm 50% better in terms of pain, and 75% in terms of bleeding.

Do I go to see another surgeon? Another GI doc?

Would love to hear any thoughts and words of encouragement.
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Will it heal?

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 03:36

You might want to consider Botox. It sounds like you're in the US given the rush to go for LIS. I wouldn't go to another GI doc, you might consider seeing another CRS who you know use Botox for fissures.

I'm i,pressed that you've managed to keep riding as many aspects of that puts an enormous amount of strain on the fissure. From mounting to sitting on the saddle and (complete blank here as I actually don't know what the English word is, what you do when the horse trots and you don't sit down but kind of stand up every other step).
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Glorybee » 09 Aug 2017, 14:59

For some strange reason riding doesn't create more pain. Having said that, I don't think it helps with the healing process, but I'm not sure. I' ve taken this week off from riding and took last week off, I'm hoping that will help. Obviously still doing all of the ointments, heating pads, and sitz baths as well. I just don't know if all of this is worth it if it's just not going to heal regardless of what I do.
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Postby Gus » 09 Aug 2017, 15:52

Hi there, go check my post 'healing a fissure (my story). I also suffered from a chronic fissure and thought there was no other solution than botox or surgery, i really was desperate. But Ive found, for my self, a way to heal my fissure. Im pain free for several weeks now. Go check it out, hope it works for you too!
Gus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Glorybee » 09 Aug 2017, 16:30

Thanks Gus.. question: can you get Sudacrem in the U.S?
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Postby Gus » 10 Aug 2017, 01:16

I don't know, I live in Belgium. Walmart should have it: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sudocrem-Ant ... /182504923 or you can try ebay. Good luck!
Gus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Aug 2017, 08:33

Hi seriously impressed you are still riding....when my fissure was bad I wouldn't have even contemplated it so your very brave. You could be right though it may be having an impact on the healing
As for not having LIS or Botox if your fissure is caused by a high resting tone of the internal sphincter then no amount of creams diet or exercise will help as the IS is a muscle totally out of our control. If the fissure heals and comes back then it might be worth asking for the pressure test.
I had Botox and LIS as my fissure was quite debilitating and I was having full on spasms for over 8 hours a day.
If your not in too much pain and it's not impacting your life then Botox is a good option and gave me a good 4 months pain free which for a fissure that is nearly healed should be more than enough to heal fully
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Glorybee » 11 Aug 2017, 07:41

Ordered my Sudocrem. Wish it could get here sooner!
Glorybee
Fibre Addict