Having LIS in a week, very nervous!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Having LIS in a week, very nervous!

Postby Deleted User 6020 » 18 Aug 2017, 15:02

So I've been dealing with fissures for over a year now and it has been completely ruining my life! I go through phases where I feel partially healed, only to retear again a few weeks later. Finally, I decided it was time to get LIS and I'm scheduled to have it a week from today. Right now, however, I'm in the partially healed phase and I'm worried my doctor either won't think the fissure looks bad enough to do the surgery or won't be able find it. I'm also worried about the recovery time and pain after surgery. My pain has been a lot less lately because I'm "partially healed" at the moment and I'm not excited about being in a lot of pain again. What was your recovery time like after surgery? Did LIS permanently heal you?
Deleted User 6020

Re: Having LIS in a week, very nervous!

Postby LemonMan » 19 Aug 2017, 06:31

Hi Staystrong, Haven't had LIS myself but can see myself sliding down that road. I understand your fear though. I know from botox that the first thing a CRS does is an EUA (Evaluation Under Anaesthetic). They will have probably performed the operation many times before, and will know whether or not to continue with the operation based on the EUA. I'm sure your CRS would be happy to talk about this before the Op.
LIS is supposed to be the "Gold Standard" for fissures, meaning that it works for most people who have it. Most people report very quick relief from what I have read. I hope it goes well for you. Let us know how you get on.
Good luck, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4