Have a question for those who have already had LIS.

Did you have fissure pain after LIS? (Poll included)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Did you have fissure pain after LIS surgery?

No, it was completely gone forever
25%
No, it was gone but then returned
No votes
Yes, for a few weeks
No votes
Yes, for a few months
25%
Yes, and it never went away
25%
Other
25%

Total votes : 4

Have a question for those who have already had LIS.

Postby HopeforHealing » 20 Sep 2017, 13:11

QUESTION:
Did you have fissure pain after your LIS surgery? If yes, for how long?

DETAILS:
I had my surgery on 8/25 so I will be hitting the one month mark in the next few days. My incision has finally stopped hurting and have an appointment with my CRS on Monday to see if it has healed. My fissures however, are still hurt very badly. I know one of them was retorn badly during surgery, so it will need time to heal, but I am also having a lot of pain in my other one (I have three total, two anterior that hurt a lot and one posterior that has never really caused much pain). I have seen many people on these boards that say their fissure pain was completely gone after the LIS surgery, so I need to know if anyone else still had fissure pain after surgery and how long before for it went away (or if it ever did).
HopeforHealing

Topics: 1

Re: Have a question for those who have already had LIS.

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Sep 2017, 07:54

Hi
Yes I had spasms after my LIS for 5 weeks and had burning for quite a while after I had a very long and deep fissure so I would say it took about 3 months to heal and it was still a bit sore after that especially after multiple BMs
I'm sure your pain will go most people who have LIS don't have multiple fissure so it's natural they heal quicker. I was in agony the first month and got a bit downhearted but nearly a year out I'm pretty much back to life pre fissure and if it wasn't for my underlying issues (crohns and IBS) then I wouldn't even think about my butt anymore lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20