Pulled Muscle?

Questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pulled Muscle?

Postby familyguy » 20 Sep 2017, 03:48

Hi, I'm from the UK & wondered if anyone has experienced this. I started with a sharp pain on the back right side high up internally after a BM. Not constipated but was a large one! After several days of this pain & unable to sit without getting a Sharp pain (cycling to work was out if the question) I saw the DR. Who examined me & said it was an internal AF also some scarring. Prescribed rectogesic. Now approaching week 4. I can sit down most of the time without that Sharp pain. So appears to be getting better.
However if I push during a BM the muscle at the top (Internal sphincter I think) is sore & feels bruised. I'm wondering if I have caused trauma to the muscle, & like any other muscle it can be strained? Whenever the muscle is used it is painful. But when not going to the toilet, it is okay, just the occasional twitch pain during the day.

Thanks
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Pulled Muscle?

Postby patience_and_healing » 20 Sep 2017, 12:55

Think of the sphincter as the fulcrum of your body. This is a description I read elsewhere in the internet. That muscle is activated by many movements throughout the day. If it was injured, it will take time to get back to normal and not hurt. Try and avoid any exercises that increase abdominal pressure because that will directly impact the sphincter.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: Pulled Muscle?

Postby familyguy » 20 Sep 2017, 13:58

Thanks. A bit of a setback today after a couple of difficult BM - slightly constipated last night & aggravated it. 2 steps forward one step back.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3