colon polyps

colonoscopy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

colon polyps

Postby berlinbaby » 06 Oct 2017, 16:09

Hi all

I have been recovering well but slowly from my fissure. Due to being over 50 and because I had a small amount of bleeding when I had my fissure I was sent to be examined. I felt a little worried that it would hurt, and it was uncomfortable. After being examined I was told the fissure had healed but they had found a 4cm polyp in my sigmoid colon.

I was quite shocked by this and because of battling thyroid cancer last year I became upset. The doctor was very reassuring saying he believed it was not cancer but that it needed to be biopsied and removed so I have been booked in for a colonoscopy next week.

I am scared. I am wondering if my discomfort could have stemmed from having a large polyp. My doctor told me that large polyps can cause issues with constipation and although I dont feel pain as such higher up I do feel pressure. of course I am also worried about it being cancer. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had had a large polyp or a colonoscopy as feeling quite down at the moment

Many thanks
berlinbaby
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: colon polyps

Postby chachacha » 06 Oct 2017, 20:11

I have had 5 colonoscopies (family history of rectal cancer) and one polyp. I have no idea how large it was, but it was removed, and at the time the surgeon said that it didn't look cancerous. It was biopsied and the surgeon proven to be correct in his analysis. If your surgeon doesn't believe that yours is either, I would try to relax, because they really know their stuff. If he has seen a lot of polyps before yours, he will be quite the expert and wouldn't have tried to reassure you if he thought that there was actually a problem.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Re: colon polyps

Postby berlinbaby » 07 Oct 2017, 01:25

Thanks so much for saying that, very reassuring ☺
berlinbaby
Fibre Addict