Inflammation inside anus/colon?

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Inflammation inside anus/colon?

Postby pdt935 » 10 Mar 2018, 15:30

Hey all!

Long story short, I developed a small but painful fissure (put me out of work for 2-3 months) that seemed to heal once I took Constella (draws water into colon) and have been able to live fairly normally the past two years. I'm a 27 y/o male.

However, I need to take Constella every day. Usually my stool is very loose or watery, but I won't feel any pain all day! If my stool is ever somewhat hard (feeling slightly constipated during it too), then I will get symptoms 1-3 hours after passing and it lasts for 1-3 days. The pain is fairly constant and feels like it is just inside my anus about half and inch up the colon wall. It doesn't hurt when actually having a movement.

I've always thought it was anal spasms. However, I visited my doctor who knows me best and she did an inspection and felt around up there. No pain really on entry, but as soon as she hit the colon wall it was VERY bad, sharp pain and she had to stop. She didn't see or feel any hemorrhoids, and the fissure seems healed. Same thing happened with the anoscopy when my fissure was first ID'd.

Now, could this be inflammation? Advil helps a bunch, and it doesn't exactly feel like spasms. If it is inflammation, what does that mean for me?

I would appreciate any advice and can answer questions later today.

Thanks!
pdt935
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Inflammation inside anus/colon?

Postby patience_and_healing » 10 Mar 2018, 20:28

Pdt, sorry to hear you're suffering so long with this. Did the surgeon manage to see anything with the anoscope? Perhaps it would be helpful if they used an anesthetic ointment beforehand so the anoscopy can be done smoothly. What you're feeling could be scar tissue or papilla, but that's just a guess. Also, it's not really a good idea to have such loose BMs over a long period because the muscles get used to it and then wider BMs become difficult.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40