Magnesium - potential benefits?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Magnesium - potential benefits?

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Nov 2017, 13:41

Hi all,

so recently I've had a relapse of my old fissure at the 2pm position so of course I rushed back to the forums, online products etc etc. I found an old post on here referring to Magnesium and so spoke to our resident doctor at work who did say magnesium is good for softening stools and also helps with tissue damage in patients with magnesium deficit.

I've bought online UK sourced 700mg Magnesium which I've taken once a day with meals for 3 days now.
I've found in those 3 days my pain from the new fissure has 98% gone and only getting little twinges post BM. I've also been using fluconazole cream from over the counter at night as that used to help in the past.

Not sure which is helping but I'm feeling like my stools are softer, I'm getting less pain and less post BM pain too!

I don't know if it would work for any of you, but thought I'd say!

FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Magnesium - potential benefits?

Postby Deleted User 6607 » 03 Nov 2017, 21:02

Hello - I've started taking Magnesium as well about a month ago and noticed a big difference in my stools. So maybe it does work!?

I see in your post you said your fissure is at the 2:00 position. I also have a fissure, but at the 8:00 or 7:00 position. My doctor didn't seemed concerned about its location. Did your doctor say anything about your fissure's position?

Thanks
Deleted User 6607

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Nov 2017, 12:15

I believe magnesium is good as it allows the gut to absorb more water meaning softer stools. Also it helps with tissue recovery apparently!

My doctor didn’t say much about the position but I’ve had multiple fissures over the years. My worse was a chronic fissure at the 6pm position and all the others have been rather superficial but reoccurring.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby brittanyb » 07 Nov 2017, 14:28

Magnesium was key in my healing! I used to take Miralax every day, which was great, but I didn't feel good about taking it for the rest of my life. Natural Calm magnesium powder has been a perfect solution to keep my stools soft and my body healthy. So glad to hear it has worked for you too!
brittanyb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3