Multiple large painless fissures, one off to the side

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Multiple large painless fissures, one off to the side

Postby AlBundy » 09 Nov 2017, 12:32

Hiya,
A while ago I went to the doctor with complaints of seeing blood on my toilet paper. She diagnosed me with (according to her) a 'huge fissure', which I had no idea I had. The cream she prescribed me helped stop the bleeding, but it came back again and so she sent me off to the surgeon. The surgeon saw the fissure had healed and she thought the bleeding came from two small hemorrhoids, which she banded. When I came back for the checkup the fissure had come back and so now I have another appointment in a month to check up on it again. Today I had a look down there with a mirror and noticed I now have more fissures, all of them pretty large and completely painless. One of them is off to the side with a weird yellow tag on it. Something tells me these aren't your typical fissures are they? I've also developed diarrhea/loose stools since a few days, so the fact I'm wiping more may have something to do with it, but still. I called the surgeon today and she wants to refer me for what I presume will be a colonoscopy. Anyone have similar fissures?
AlBundy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Multiple large painless fissures, one off to the side

Postby Deleted User 6607 » 25 Nov 2017, 19:04

Hello - I have one fissure that is also off to the side. I went to the CRS office and they did a thorough exam - a DRE, Anoscopy and I also had a flex sigmoidoscopy in July. Everything from these exams are completely normal. I asked if she was concerned about the fissure’s location and she didn’t seem to be.

Did you talk to your doctor about your fissure’s location? Have you learned anything new from your doctor?
Deleted User 6607

Postby Deleted User 6607 » 25 Nov 2017, 19:07

Hello - I have one fissure that is also off to the side. I went to the CRS office and they did a thorough exam - a DRE, Anoscopy and I also had a flex sigmoidoscopy in July. Everything from these exams are completely normal. I asked if she was concerned about the fissure’s location and she didn’t seem to be.

Did you talk to your doctor about your fissure’s location? Have you learned anything new from your doctor?
Deleted User 6607

Postby AlBundy » 30 Nov 2017, 12:26

Hiya, I haven't talked to the doctor since I called her a few weeks ago. I did have a look down there again today and I noticed I now have even more fissures. At least four that I can see. Still painless though. My next appointment is in two weeks.
AlBundy
Fibre Addict

Postby AlBundy » 13 Dec 2017, 10:19

I saw the doctor again today, but unfortunately it was a different doctor. I told him about my complaints and he referred me to a gastro-intestinal doctor. He didn't even look at my butt and I wish he did, because it now looks worse than it did last time. I didn't tell him that, because I didn't want him to know I've been looking at my own butt. There is now also small abcess that is leaking pus...I know, gross, but hey. I was too embarrassed to ask him to look, but I probably should have.
AlBundy
Fibre Addict

Postby Ihatethisfissure » 13 Dec 2017, 12:14

It's your butt... You can look at it all you want. Don't be embarrassed... Doctors have seen and heard it all. You should probably have that abcess looked at.
Ihatethisfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby AlBundy » 22 Dec 2017, 14:51

You're right, I shouldn't have been so embarrassed and just asked him. I had another look again and there are now multiple of these bumps that are leaking some sort of pus. I think I also saw at least two sideways fissures, in addition to the ones on the bottom and the top, with quite a bit of bleeding. At least they're not painful, which anyone looking at it would probably find surprising. Anyway, this is definitely not normal. I have an appointment with a GI doctor in four weeks, is that the right person to ask to have a look down there or should I try to get another appointment with the rectal surgeon?
AlBundy
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Dec 2017, 14:02

Best to see a CRS. Gastro doctors don't know much about treating fissures. And a dermatologist would be a good option to have those abscesses examined and perhaps cultured.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby AlBundy » 17 Feb 2018, 14:58

So I had a sigmoidoscopy to check for Crohn's and it was all clear. So now I'm just left with these fissures that aren't painful, but just bleed (quite a lot) once in a while. As far as the doctor goes that's pretty much it. Should I just let it be since it's not causing me any grief aside from the bleeding?
AlBundy
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 18 Feb 2018, 11:09

Definitely not a good idea to leave open wounds alone in an area that's so full of germs. I suggest you get a second opinion from a doctor who will have a treatment plan and not just shrug their shoulders at your problem.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40