Anyone see a doctor NOT keen on surgery for women?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anyone see a doctor NOT keen on surgery for women?

Postby Lsfb1989 » 25 Nov 2017, 13:51

Hiya,

Im in the UK, 27 and no babies and my CRS said he wouldnt do LIS as Id not had babies and because I was very young. I did consider begging him, saying id agree to any future c-sections, but so far Botox has sorted me out. Im 5 months post Botox and it hasnt come back so far.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby missy moo » 25 Nov 2017, 17:57

How come you get an 8week scan? We get ours at 12 an 20weeks at the 12 week scan you can see the genitalia how much does it cost for the DNA test? If you can get a scan at 12 weeks you can find out that way an it should be free not sure how it works in your country though. Lax satchets can be taken for ever an while pregnant and breast feeding they aren't a normal laxative that you become reliant on these ones are make up of salts I believe and they just draw water into the bowls you can just stop anytime an your regularity won't change or a nothing like that it just makes the stool soft an when your pregnant two of your hormones that I know of rise an one slows digestion an one retains water so water is used to increase blood an goes to the pregnancy instead of the bowle you need to increase fiber and put extra water into the bowl prunes do both but lax satchets are my hero an most people on this site use them too both my boy pregnancies were completely different so I though my youngest was a girl how are you symptoms this time
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 25 Nov 2017, 17:59

Hi lsfb1989 did you have a fissurectomy aswel do they say they would clean up tidy up or remove the fissure? And then put in botox? Did you have a skin tag aswel? And how long did you have the fissure for before your botox?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Lsfb1989 » 25 Nov 2017, 18:14

Heya, I just had botox and a skin tag or “wart lesion” removed at the same time as it was growing fairly rapidly and was getting uncomfortable. Ive had the fissure on and off for about 5 years, the pain and bleeding was getting excessive.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Allthepain » 25 Nov 2017, 21:26

Hi Lsfb, I'm glad to hear the botox has seemed to work for you! That's probably next on my list if the creams don't eventually work. I ordered some prunes and Metamucil for now to hopefully help keep the pain/ bleeding away. I've decided that if my pain returns to the level I was at after my son and nothing else works, I will ask for the surgery. I never even knew this problem existed until it happened to me, and I think it's one of the most painful things I've endured! I've had two children, knee surgery, and even a broken back!

I'm so happy this forum exists because I'm pretty sure my husband is tired of hearing about my poo misadventures haha.

Missy moo, I'm not sure why they do scans at 8 weeks. At my old doctor they typically only did one at 20 weeks. The DNA test was about $200 last time so not too bad considering it's not covered by insurance.

Do you have any idea what the lax satchels would be called in America? I know miralax is pretty popular. I'll probably use it if necessary, but I'm going to try prunes, fiber, and maybe a little coffee for now. If I can keep things on the softer side, the pain is usually manageable.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 26 Nov 2017, 22:34

Hey i think it is miralax that's a powder ay? A coffee in the morning always makes me go it irritates the gut an makes you go! Just be careful as to much dehydrates you if you get dehydrated your body actually takes water out of your stools totally gross but true so drink a glass every hour if you can. I wonder if here in nz we can get DNA tests I don't think so unless there is a chance say a boy maybe more likely to inherented a problem from one of the parents a genetic problem that only effects one gender then they will blood test id love to be able to pay for a gender blood test the lady who did my last scan has 20years experience and she tells people at 12 weeks we here in nz do a 12week scan to check for any abnormalities early so parents have a choice to have an abortion within the aloud time frame. I too had no idea about fissures untill I got one an my partner is sick of hearing about it too haha but it's hard for them because they just can't fix it or help up it must make them feel useless they must feel bad an for awhile there it's all I talked about an searched hundreds of websites mine is manageable at the moment I'm scared of the unknown with the fissurectomy an botox I'm scared like what if it's worse after an not manageable like it is now.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 27 Nov 2017, 13:07

Lsfb was your fissure in the front or back? How long after the botox did the botox kick in? And how long after the botox did you start feeling better?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Lsfb1989 » 01 Jan 2018, 14:11

Hi MissyMoo,

The fissure was anterior, I was numb as soon as I woke up from the anasthetic. The numbness lasted about 2 months, the healing Lasted about 5 months, its now back with bleeding and pain, no where near as bad as pre-botox. Back to CRS on 13th Jan, will let you know what happens.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 17 Jan 2018, 17:00

Hi lsfb how did the new shot of Botox go? You must have a high resting pressure what did the crs say? Ok my sorrhy it's back im booked for the same thing but I'm very scared to say the least
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Lsfb1989 » 17 Jan 2018, 17:10

Havent had the 2nd shot yet, got to try gtn again first. Forgot how shit the headaches from that were. Strongggg.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist