Skin Tags...help!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Skin Tags...help!!

Postby val » 11 Apr 2008, 14:59

I suppose most surgeries hurt, but I think its worth the pain to get rid of it once and for all, but then mine was taken off during the LIS/fistulotomy. I'm not sure if I'd actually voluntarily just go and get it cut off !!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 11 Apr 2008, 19:09

I use aloe vera on my skin tag and it helped alot, per Lecia's advise. I bought the pure stuff from the health food store. My skin tag has shrunk considerably. In the morning it is hardly there. I agree with Val I don't think I would just go an get it taken off on my own, maybe during LIS or something.
Patty

Postby happyass » 12 Apr 2008, 21:53

i really got a lot of relief using Vicks Vapor Rub...yeah, it sounds scary but really it is soothing..you have to get thru the intense cooling part that last a few minutes but after that, you can relax as it kinda numbs the area for a nice long time.
by then, you're fine until you have to use it again.
i loved using the aloe vera plant - put it in the fridge a bit so it can get cool and then apply it.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 13 Apr 2008, 10:33

I agree (obviously) with the aloe vera approach but I did want to mention something to think about.

I had a skin tag that was left over from a thrombosed hemorrhoid that was very persistent. The CRS said that we needed to do something to cut off the blood supply to that area otherwise the skin tag would just keep getting inflamed. In my case, I had to have a hemorrhoidectomy to cut out the offending column. During the surgery she removed the skin tag. I am glad that it is gone. But healing from this surgery as you are aware has not been easy.

If you have a skin tag left over from a thrombosed hemorrhoid you could try rubber band ligation of the internal hemorrhoid that is feeding that tag. That can sometimes cause is to shrink because it shouldn't be filling up. The same would hold true for Infrared Coagulation. Just something to think about!

Why do I have to know so much about this? Image Image