Newbie - could really use some advice

Ongoing itchy sore rectum

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Newbie - could really use some advice

Postby Grasscutter » 02 Jan 2018, 18:18

Hi Everyone,
All of last year I followed a low carb diet, with exercise and had a protein whey drink every morning. I did suffer with constipation but this is not abnormal for me. Started to notice on certain days that if I walked around, my anus would feel itchy. By September it became itchy and sore every day and if I needed to go to the loo more than once, it would really burn. I searched around on the internet, and learnt that quite a few people who were using protein whey were complaining of itchy bottoms as well. I stopped the diet in October. However the itchiness and soreness continues. I went to my doctor who did not even examine me, just told me to drink water and eat more fibre. I have tried many otc creams etc but nothing helps. I even sent for Pranicure which burns when you put it on, but does stop the itching. I would say, my bottom is very neat with a small tag, but no piles externally. However it seems to be inflamed inside, but it has never bled. The itching and soreness seems to be in different places at different times, although I do feel as if I have something caught in the sphincter area, which also feels numb. I don't really get a strong urge to go to the toilet, but go every morning although I have to push a bit. I suffer with anxiety, so I am also scared of what this might be. The only good thing is, I have never seen any blood. Anyone else had anything similar please, as this is really driving me crazy.
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Newbie - could really use some advice

Postby Hopefull123 » 02 Jan 2018, 19:28

Hello, I would suggest going to a gastro doctor and have anoscopy done. It's a simple and fast examination, don't worry, but they will be able to look inside your anal canal and properly diagnose you. You may have a small fissure, not all bleed. You may have internal hemorrhoid, or tight internal sphincter muscles which cause discomfort. You may have just inflammation due to food allergy. Have you excluded gluten all together? You may want to try excluding certain foods o e at a time for at least two weeks each and see if you will improve. You can order a home test food allergy kit, prick your finger for a few drops of blood and they can test up to 190 foods intolerance including candida presence, which may be another issue that you may have. I just ordered this test from meridian valley labs to see if I am intolerant to anything that may be causing GI issues. But you definitely need a proper diagnosis rather than guessing.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Grasscutter » 03 Jan 2018, 03:43

Thank you Hopefull123. I think I will have to go back to my doctor again. I will also try the gluten free diet. However, I should add that my husband was also taking Protein Whey drinks and he too has had some problems, although he has no itching but a change in bowel habits to a more sticky consistency, which I too had. I wonder if we have a mild lactose intolerance to the whey, although have not had a protein drink now for several months, but still have ongoing problems.
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Postby Grasscutter » 31 Jan 2018, 19:01

Hi Everyone. As a follow up to my original post, I did go back to see my Doctor who did examine me. He said he could see no piles or fissures, but did say it looked very red both inside and out. He said he thought I had some type of fungal infection. He prescribed anti fungal cream. Well this helped immediately and I sighed a sigh of relief. However, if I go out and walk around for an hour, the soreness comes back with a vengeance. Anyone else had this kind of reaction?
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 7033 » 04 Mar 2018, 20:19

Hi, I've had all kinds of issues in my area. It starts out just like yours then slowly and gradually gets worse over a few years to the point where the pain is excruciating and the blood loss is scary.
It's very interesting you mentioned fungal infection.
In my research I have concluded that most if not all gastrointestinal problems from the stomach to the rectum involve some sort of parasite or bacterial pathogen and has infested the wound thus not allowing the body to heal itself. This would also include autoimmune diseases.
After years of suffering I came across Pine Oil.
I tried it and was amazed by the result.
Completely healed me in a week no lie.
I looked into it and was told not to touch it by many people but I was desperate so I took some.
Pine Oil kills parasites and bacteria dead. Once that happened I started to get better.
5ml of pine oil on a large sugar cube is all you need. Make sure it is 100% pure essential oil or 100% pure gum turpentine. It sounds scary but its fine. Do not exceed 15ml as it is potent and you will feel unwell.
5ml is all you'll need 2 - 3 times a week taken in the morning.
Your symptoms will just disappear. Overnight.
Dr Jennifer Daniels found the healing properties of Pine Oil but the bacteria and parasite infestation is my theory as to why the body cannot heal these internal problems.
Once these internal parasites have been eliminated you will get better.
Deleted User 7033

Postby Grasscutter » 05 Mar 2018, 02:37

Dear Tech7four, Many thanks for taking the time to reply! That’s very interesting about Pine Oil, and I will certainly try this if the problem recurs. After a year of problems, I have finally turned the corner, and everything has settled down. I am still unsure as to whether it was fungal, or if it was intolerance to Lactose, caused by taking daily protein whey drinks. Whatever caused it, I am just pleased to be back to normal. Thank you once again for your kind reply.
Grasscutter
Fibre Addict