Did I break my healing process?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Did I break my healing process?

Postby dan90 » 13 Jan 2018, 11:17

Hello all, I'm new here and I've been dealing with anal fissures for 2 years, at first I tried to ignore it and it eventually healed by itself but lately last year its become worse and I'm suffering again from this for 6 months already that I ended up going to a Surgeon who prescribed me a diltiazem cream to apply on the anus. I ended up changing my diet and started eating lots of fiber, removed all gluten from my diet and I drink lots and lots of water everyday. For the last 2 weeks since I started the treatment which was 1 month ago, I haven't bleed every single time I had a BM, although today after a second BM (sometimes I have more than one a day, it always feels like the first one wasn't complete) I bled from the first time after 2 weeks of the cream treatment and diet, it wasn't a lot just tiny drops, but I'm already terrified that I might have pushed this and destroyed the treatment, it doesn't help me either because I suffer from lots of anxiety and stress, and every time all I'm thinking is about this and how miserable I feel. Also since the treatment the pain hasn't been that bad as before but I can still feel it, although it's not as uncomfortable as before when I used to have 12 hours of constant pain after a BM.
Did this happen to anyone else? Is it a sign that I have to re-do the treatment or that I made the AF worse?
Thanks for your time.
God bless!
dan90

Topics: 1

Re: Did I break my healing process?

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Jan 2018, 11:53

Hi, you had a set back. I
Many people have them frequently through the process. For me it happens every time I eat something that hardens in the slightest my stool. That includes also fiber from beans, nuts seeds, etc, also bread, cheese, rice. I didn't know that until I started eating basically the same type of food everyday and when i add one of the above, the next day I get a set back. Now I am committed to not break my diet until complete healing. Just a few bites of chocolate do the damage. This is very frustrating, but we have to deal with it. Try to stay on track and do EXACTLY the same routine including food, everyday when you notice that a certain good combo is producing just the right stool consistency and don't break it for two months.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby dan90 » 13 Jan 2018, 12:48

Thank you for your reply on this, although I have been doing the strict diet and always stayed on track eating the same everyday. I'm terrified if this won't heal.
dan90

Topics: 1

Postby cgcaples12 » 13 Jan 2018, 18:51

Hey Dan90 I am also currently suffering from an anal fissure. A GI doctor prescribed me nitroglycerin which I have been taking for a week. I also suffer from panic attacks and anxiety so I can def relate there. I have been out of work for a week now because I cannot sit for more than 30 minutes without being in serious bottom pain. I thought I would post because the anxiety and panic issues can make everything much worse and I want you to know you are not alone I am struggling as well and we will get through it. I have to wait a week to see a CRS.
cgcaples12

Topics: 2