How to escalate?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: How to escalate?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Feb 2018, 05:25

Yes I agree with hopeful that if your having coffee everyday then that will raise the acidity of your BM and you can’t heal a cut that is getting acid passed over it every day.
My fissure was caused by acidic BMs and my healing from LIS very prolonged in fact I didn’t heal until I got stronger meds to keep my crohns under control.
My CRS said an acidic BM is worse than constipation for s fissure
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Harper05 » 17 Feb 2018, 07:31

Thanks hopeful, you have been very helpful. I am going to go out today and get the coconut oil suppositories and I will make adjustments to my diet. The hard thing with coffee is, I feel like my whole life revolves around this and it’s just giving up one more thing. Literally my whole life. I know you all get it. I try to explain it to my friends and they feel bad for me, but no one truly gets it.
I want my life back. I want to be able to travel without having to worry about the pain. I want to be able to do squats and workout like I use to, and not worry about my diet every day and stool softeners and miralax. Which by the way, I have no trouble with constipation my stool is definitely loose. I am wondering if I should just do the magnesium? Or something else.. because what I’m doing Clearly isn’t helping.
So by changing my diet will my stool be firmer? I’m confused to what changing my diet will do. I have read many posts ok here about people changing their diet. For me, I’m not constipated and the stool comes out fine...: so what exactly does it change?
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Feb 2018, 07:59

How loose is your stool, if you maintain a really loose stool for a length of time that means it’s acidic and you will find it very hard to heal your fissure.
The best consistency for a BM is a soft torpedo...leaves no residue and should have a neutral ph
I understand exactly how you feel, I’m about to meet friends for lunch and I can only have meat and chips while they will pick and choose off the buffet with freedom they will also have alcohol while I have a Jasmin tea and they will have dessert which I can’t even think about having ever again.
It’s frustrating and annoying but it’s not worth the risk with a fissure
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Harper05 » 17 Feb 2018, 08:04

It’s not too lose. I feel like it’s normal? If that’s such a thing at this stage.
I completely understand!! I am right there with you!! Did your crs say your diet plays a role in it?
I am almost just done with my CRS. All of them. It’s time to take matters into my own hands.
I know we all feel the same way.
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 17 Feb 2018, 08:20

The thing is that all these food groups that I listed cause inflamatipn in the body, whether you feel any obvious symptoms or not. Sometimes we need to make sacrifices to get better. Inflamation will subside, PH will rise, your gut lining will heal, because with inflamation your lining can't heal, and fissures are ulcers in the lining. Take L glutamine 2 grams if you want to heal exactly that. Also even though your stools may not seem loose, the laxatives cause acidity anyway so you may want to try only magnesium about 400 mg split over two meals and add one tea spoon of psyllium husk. At this point you need to start experimenting with different combos of food, fiber and softeners. Give each combo at least three days to see if things get better.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 17 Feb 2018, 15:21

The coconut oil should help good luck.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Harper05 » 17 Feb 2018, 19:41

Thanks hopeful.
Today I do th L glutamine and the magnesium. I also got diary free cheese and coconut milk yogurt and have been looking up gluten free recipes.
tomorrow i have to get the coconut oil suppositories.
I got beeswax today and mixed it with olive oil and honey, tried it...
looking forward to the coconot oil one, the store i went to didn't have it :(
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Harper05 » 18 Feb 2018, 09:21

SO today i have the RUNS!!! Do you think it would be caused by the L glutime or magnesium? I am also doing apple cider vinegar in water. I also took miralax last night..
Ugh!!!!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Feb 2018, 10:54

It shouldn't be the L glutamin. If you are taking Miralax and magnesium it may be too much because they both draw water to your colon. Reduce the magnesium to 200 mgs and if still loose don't take it, stick to the Miralax only
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Harper05 » 18 Feb 2018, 11:00

Ok thanks!!!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?