Hello! My name is Mark :)

Skin tags, fissures and hems, oh my!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello! My name is Mark :)

Postby Mark2018 » 19 Feb 2018, 04:30

Hello!

I've been lurking around this place for a while, reading up about everyone's own issues and treatment techniques but decided to jump in and sign up today!

I've had bum problems (!!) for ages - on and off hemorrhoids for years and although they weren't anything too bad, they never really seemed to go away - I'd always have a small lump of skin on the outside. Thanks to this board I'm pretty sure this is a skin tag. I'd bought ALL the creams - Anusol, Germaloids, Hemosan etc and suppositries thinking that it was caused by internal issues.

In December I started to get really bad itching - so bad that I'd be sat down at work squirming in my chair. I felt like a dog who wanted to scoot his ass along the carpet. One day I used a torch and mirror to have a look at my anus and saw a couple of little cuts and after Googling I found this site - I have fissures! Yay! I was worried I had worms!!

I had no idea how I'd have got the worms but my symptoms - really itchy at night - made me think well maybe it's a worm moving about laying eggs. What a lovely thought that was! I never saw any of the signs of it in my poop though ha....so I was pleased it was a fissure....but damn these things take a LONG time to get better....or when you think they're getting better, you then have a BM and it's back open again!

I've started using petrolium jelly before going to the toilet and just the other day I bought apple cider vinegar to try and treat the skin tag and possibly any hems I might have.

If you've tried ACV (I'm putting it on a cotton ball and leaving it on my anus) - is it normal for a skin tag to go harder? It used to be floppy and no sensation from touching it. Now it's harder and feels sensitive. I've only been doing this since Friday night. I'm hoping the hardening is a good thing!!

I'll keep using the ACV this week and keep you posted whether or not it improves my situation! I am definitely not as itchy since Friday..

Anyway, that's my story - hems, skin tag and fissures!
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hello! My name is Mark :)

Postby Mark2018 » 19 Feb 2018, 06:51

Little update....seems the ACV may has burned my skin and I have some pus sores on my ass now.

Maybe I should have dilluted rather than applying directly to cotton balls.

Just sat in the shower with the shower head off and the water just on my bum, it seems to have got rid of most of the sores.

I've put Savlon cream on now and will lay off the ACV for a few days.

Good news is I'm still not itchy or "aware" of a feeling in my ass. I dunno how else to explain it but I imagine most people here know what I mean - being aware of a pain / itch in your ass all of the time isn't a nice feeling.

Any tips on how I should use ACV in future? Maybe mixed in with water?

Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 19 Feb 2018, 08:30

My CRS said that one should NEVER use apple cider vinegar in the anal region.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Feb 2018, 10:19

Owch neat ACV cannot have been pleasant. I have used it many years ago for hems but I diluted it quite a bit. As CCC says it’s not great for that area although it can shrink hems. I wouldn’t use it even diluted if I had a fissure though.
I saw a naturopath who advised the ACV but I know it was well diluted I was in my early twenties so can’t remember the exact proportions, you would be better seeking advice as sometimes natural remedies can really hurt us.
Oregano oil is great also but must always be diluted in a carrier oil first as it will burn the skin.
I use colodial silver as that is harmless I soak cotton wool balls in the silver and leave them on overnight it helps with the hems and the fissure. With the added benefit that it can be applied neat and can’t hurt
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mark2018 » 19 Feb 2018, 10:57

Thanks for the advice, never heard of the silver thing before, does that get rid of the fissure?!

I just searched for it on here and other people say the doctors don't recommend it :(

I'll get it and try it though...
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Mark2018 » 21 Feb 2018, 10:37

I bought Colodial Silver - I got the "Silvergel antibacterial balm" one off Amazon.

The pus and pain have gone, I'm just left with quite an inflamed and angry looking skin tag (or what I assume is a skin tag) - are we able to add photos on here or...(I know it's not the nicest body part to photograph) but it would help if someone could tell me exactly what it is as I don't think it's a hem.

Thanks.
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Feb 2018, 11:24

I’m not sure why drs don’t recommend it as most of my CRS’s I have had a lot over the years (crohns) have either not bothered that I’m using it or like the ones in Germany actively encouraged its use.
You can add photos although I would also recommend seeing a dr as hem creams may occasionally irritate a skin tag. Also it still could be irritated from the ACV
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mark2018 » 21 Feb 2018, 12:01

Thank you for suggesting it. I'm hoping it helps!

I'd just put some of the gel on earlier so that's why things look a little wet or shiny down there. The pink thing at the bottom is my main concern. I don't know if it's one of those senitel things I've read about. It got really hard after the vinegar. It's softening back down now though I feel the itch returning. I'm doing my best to resist scratching with a tissue or cotton bud but I really really want to!

Do you think I should go to a doctor?

Pic hidden away below to save anyone from seeing what they don't want to see!

[+]
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Feb 2018, 13:32

I think it’s always best to get things checked at the doctors as they have years of training we just have our own and others experience. Plus they can prescribe you something that could work quicker than natural remedies.
We can often put off going to the docs about bottom issues either from embarrassment or it’s very easy to assume we have hems and treat them ourselves, if I were you I would go see a dr
Yes it could certainly be a sking tag or sentinel pile, the ACV works by constricting the blood flow, hence the hardening but that is the worst thing you can do for a fissure.
Keep up with the hot baths and maybe add some coconut oil to help soothe the area.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mark2018 » 21 Feb 2018, 13:37

Thank you for the advice.

Do you think ACV on a skin tag is okay though? If I dilute it and put it on for less time (was leaving it on for hours) drying it up might be a good thing and maybe it would kill it off?
Mark2018
Fibre Addict