Stool softener use

Stool softener

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stool softener use

Postby Vince Carter » 28 Feb 2018, 17:54

Hi i'm 19 male and have my fissure since September, I mainly just have a terrible achy feeling in my anus and it has gotten significantly better since the first months, i still use lidocane 5% and ditiazem twice daily, i take sitz baths and eat as much fiber as i can but still I'm experiencing pains when going to the bathroom.
I wanted to ask this site cause i've been reading on it for a while
I want to use stool softeners but I don't know which ones or how to take them safely if anyone one has used or is currently using any softeners that'd be great any advice would be appreciated:)
Vince Carter
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Stool softener use

Postby Vishal » 28 Feb 2018, 19:35

Hi there
I use a generic brand of docusate sodium and it was working pretty good. But now i use magnesium citrate supplements and they function as a stool softener by help drawing water into the intestine. Also i use a teaspoon coconut oil with every meal and that helps the bm slide out.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Postby Vince Carter » 28 Feb 2018, 22:04

Which one would you prefer and hurt less I suppose lol also how often would you take the softeners?
Vince Carter
Fibre Addict

Postby Vishal » 01 Mar 2018, 08:53

To be honest I never used them for more than a month after I was diagnosed. And after that
I only used them when I felt I needed them. Afterwards I switched to MoM because I felt it was safer to use.
I use a teaspoon at night and next morning no hassles lol. Now i use magnesium citrate supplements
because I feel that is safer than the MoM. Cayenne pepper works better than all to me but its not guaranteed
to work everytime. Another trick I do is I eat a medium size high fibre breakfast like chickpeas or beans and
have a small serving of fruit for lunch and again a high fibre medium size dinner like rice and curry(Im Indian) with lots of water throughout the day and that always works the to give me the text book stool texture that you read about. I think that by resting your digestive organs they become more effective. Also dont forget the coconut oil with every meals.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Postby Vince Carter » 01 Mar 2018, 11:39

That's honestly amazing that magnesium helps with the pain and bm's I'm gonna try those both out and hopefully i feel a lot better
Thank you so much :)
Vince Carter
Fibre Addict