It really hurts :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: It really hurts :(

Postby juney » 17 Apr 2008, 11:05

Kate i know exactly what you mean. i've refrained from going out w/ my friends a lot in the past year b/c of this and it's affected my friendships and my social life. i have this huge secret that none of my friends know about or could possibly understand. i get so depressed thinking that i'm only 25 and this is what i have to look forward to for the rest of my life. sometimes it doesn't seem worth living at all. but what can we do besides keep trying and hoping? take comfort in your boyfriend, i know i rely so much on mine. and when you get hopeless, realize how much you've already endured and how strong you are b/c of it. that helps me when all i want to do is die.

and honestly, MOM has been the best thing to happen to me since i got this stupid fissure. i eat what i want now, when i want to, and i don't worry about ripping myself a new one the next day. besides, the way i see it i'd rather carry a bottle of MOM on weekend trips and stuff than a bag of supplements, fiber pills, special food, etc. it's so much easier and more discreet. don't worry about becoming dependent on it, it's not habit forming or a stimulant. and besides, wouldn't you rather be depending on something that gives you some relief, than be in pain or worrying about it everyday?

it has to get better for us. we have our whole lives ahead of us and it can't always be like this!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby small_flower » 17 Apr 2008, 11:10

I know! Its very depressing to think that there is so much wrong with me, physically and mentally (depression/anxiety) at such an early age. It makes you think, "why me?" a lot.
Maybe I will give MOM a try, if I can get over the taste. When I think MOM, I think surgery, and the association isn't very pleasant. I will be taking it at least for the next few days, until I can get my body back on a schedule, and I am not scared to depend on my fiber and water routine.
My dad just asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch and I told him that I'd love to but I can't, because I know restaurants have very little food that is high in fiber (most likely we'd be going to a pizza restaurant).
Its just the little things like that, that upset me.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby small_flower » 17 Apr 2008, 11:52

Now my BMS are almost like liquid. Did the colasce just start to kick in? If so, its a bit late. Does that mean i should NOT take MOM tonight, or wait and see???
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby juney » 17 Apr 2008, 12:41

try the cherry flavored MOM, it's not bad tasting at all!

i don't think stool softeners would make things liquid. maybe your body's just cleaning out b/c of all the fiber, softeners etc and there's not much left in there. i would still take 1 tablespoon of MOM. no matter how many times i go in 1 day (usually only once but sometimes more) i still take the MOM before i go to bed. that way nothing has a chance to harden or dry out. i really think a few weeks of using MOM will give your body a chance to really heal, then once you feel comfortable you can get back to just a healthy diet. don't worry about dependency or anything right now, just focus on getting better!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Apr 2008, 16:42

I agree - I am taking MOM now and mineral oil too until my butt heals again and than I will taper off !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 17 Apr 2008, 19:04

i would advise to switch to making warm cooked oatmeal in the morning or eating a nice vegetable soup.
the warm cooked oatmeal could be cooked in soy milk and then you add some yummy berries of any kind. you can also add in some cinnamon as it is cooking. sprinkle with whatever sweetner you like or some honey.
there is a delicious liquid form - sorta like soda - of magnesium citrate. you can find it at target or at walgreens.....it comes in flavors and in a 10oz bottle.....you make it cold in the fridge and drink it up when you think you need to just let it all go out with no issues.....
sorry fissy for your current troubles.....
definitely if you switch to warmer breakfasts without the hard crunchy cereal, you will notice a difference.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Apr 2008, 00:32

I agree - cooked oatmeal is my favorite and only breakfast for 6 months now - just can't have enough of it - I don't know why - maybe my body feels craving for it for a reason !!! There are so many variations one can do that it is really fantastic meal.
Thanks Garrett for sympathy XOXO - you know how it is ; ), trouble always waits somewhere to jump on us "orphans of the life" as Andrea Bocelli sings in one of his arias.
Flower - if you don't have time in the morning make it night before and just warm it up (30 sec.) in the morning. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of coconut oil since it is known to be beneficial to
GI tract and it tastes fantastic. Sometimes I add spoon of organic Bing cherry preserve - oh my, now I salivate LOL !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61