4 wks post Botox am I back at the start again?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

4 wks post Botox am I back at the start again?

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2018, 17:22

I had botox 4 weeks ago, today my stool was harder an there was blood on the stool plus now my skin tag is large an red again I'm losing hope an feel like I've undone the last 4 weeks am I back at the starting point?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: 4 wks post Botox am I back at the start again?

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Mar 2018, 17:39

Oh no, missy. I am sorry to hear that. Did this happen due to PMS? Hopefully the retear is small so it will close up quickly. But definitely next time ask for fissurectomy regardless of what they see. It will make a difference in the healing.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 13 Mar 2018, 18:31

Hopeful it could well be because I'm due my period soon things alway have played up leading to my period an or during my period, when the surgeon told me he hadn't removed any scar tissue something inside me said oh no he's delayed everything! But then I thought that's ok I won't be in any extra pain because nothing was removed but I new I needed more then just Botox my plan was to wait till the 6 week mark then see how I felt an see my doctor if I wasn't healed but now I'm thinking I should book to see my doctor asap an get back on that waiting list?! I'm worried because the surgeon I saw is the best I can get for free if he's not very good since he only gave me Botox he's left me wondering how good he is I don't know what is next I could give my sister's address an say I'm living there an see a surgeon where she lives which is the biggest city in NZ there must be some good surgeons there surely. Or trust in this surgeon an see him again an explain to him an even print off for him some info on how Botox is much more successful in combination with a fissurectomy. The plus side is I'm not in any pain during or after bms just discomfort trying to be positive : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Canttakethis » 24 Mar 2018, 18:41

Botox didn’t work for me. It typically means the dr didn’t inject enough medicine. My dr only did 50 cc when we could have done up to 350!!! He said we wanted to be conservative. What that means I now have to pay twice for a procedure I could and should have only had once. I am in the US and this cost $15,000!!! I am not yet sure how much our insurance will cover. I am not happy about it. I am going to post some other things I’ve been trying in a separate post. Feel better.
Canttakethis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 29 Mar 2018, 17:32

I feel like the Botox is fading now more pain during bm an some pain after too an the last few weeks pain during has been alot less an there has been no pain afterwards
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 29 Mar 2018, 17:37

That was fast, when is your 2nd round.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 22 May 2019, 15:07

Hi hopeful123 I get my second Botox in 6 days getting a bit nervous because I feel like I'm wasting time the first lot didn't work what makes this second dose any different, and the surgeon probably won't do a fissurectomy again! One thing that's making me have the urge to do something is the fact that the last 2 days I've had that horrible splitting pain during bms and discomfort afterwards like I gota do something
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby hurtinend » 22 May 2019, 17:02

damn I was going to ask the next doctor I see for Botox. I’m questioning it now I’m very sorry missy moo
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby missy moo » 22 May 2019, 17:21

Thanks, the Botox has improved my life for the most part but I still have set backs they just aren't as bad as the use to be like now if it's bad I'll get pain during a BM and some burning straight after then just slight discomfort for 15 mins or so where as before I would get major pain during bms then be sore all day till night time so it's improved just not fixed it completely
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 24 May 2019, 12:44

That's good missy that it's reduced the length and severity of pain. I think this is what pelvic floor therapy has done for me. But obviously the goal is no pain and we have to keep working towards that.
I hope this setback is a minor one and also that the next botox helps more. How's many goes do you get just two?
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7