Please help advice needed!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please help advice needed!

Postby Louiza2018 » 18 Mar 2018, 05:05

Hi all,I am new to the forum and really struggling .I had advanced anal flaps six weeks ago the doc says my flap is healing but I have a new fissure,probably from surgery ,the pain has caused me severe anxiety so 4 days ago I started on an antidepressants called sertreline problem is I believe this has made me constipated .I have been taking 30ml of lactulose a day and I'm still struggling ,please any advice would help.
Louiza2018
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Please help advice needed!

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 10:19

I am sorry to hear that. Are you taking psyllium husk fiber, it really helps keep the stool soft, yet formed so no acid from loose stool can harm the anus. Try taking magnesium glycenate for calmness and muscle relaxation. This form of magnesium is highly absotbable and does not cause laxative effect. You don't want your stools watery because that would hinder healing. Did you go for a check up to see why is not healing. Why did you chose flap surgery instead of LIS?
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Louiza2018 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:11

My surgeon thought the flap would be better as I've had 3 children with difficult deliveries,it does look like the original fissure is healing but I have another one at side of the flap ,thank you for your advice
Louiza2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:20

Have you confirmed with the doc if this is indeed a fissure, or just pain from the surgery. I ve had pain in odd places around the anus during recovery, but just from irritation from the instruments and the large anoscope during the procedure.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Louiza2018 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:33

He said he can see a small fissure at 5 o clock position ,my original fissure was at 6o clock ,I also still have a stitch there that hasn't dissolved ,can I ask what surgery you had
Louiza2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:41

I see, hopefully the small one will heal quick since its still acute. I had LIS and healed on 3 weeks. But my doc said flap surgery can take much longer to recover. I hope you feel better. Try to stay calm and if these antianxiety meds are constipating you, ask the doc to switch them. Try to stay calm and think positive. High cortisol levels can hinder healing. I ve heard valium works great and it doesn't have bad side effects. I also took valerian root extract, camomile tea and just meditated to calm myself down.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist