Soft BM’s without Bulk

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Soft BM’s without Bulk

Postby Kitty » 27 Feb 2018, 12:07

Hi everyone. I was wondering how to accomplish soft BM’s without getting the bulk. I find that even with a soft stool if it’s on the bulky side I will still tear a little. I currently drink 8 glasses of water a day, 400 mg of magnesium, 8 oz of aloe Vera juice and 2 stool softeners a day and two servings of benefiber. It helps to soften my stool but they’ve become rather bulky. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Kitty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Soft BM’s without Bulk

Postby beautigirlie » 03 Mar 2018, 21:22

You need 1 capful of miralax each morning and evening. Total 2 scoops per day. It will make your poop super extremely soft. I’ve had multiple chronic fissures that were excruciating. It takes 2-3 days to get your first bowel movement but it will be so soft that it cannot tear your fissure or aggravate it. 1st bowel movement will be small. 3rd bowel movement will be a nice big one. Keep taking 1 capful 2 Times a day (morning & evening) until you can ease down to like 1/2 capful twice a day for life if you have to. Eat soft foods whenever possible but you really don’t have to if you are on miralax.
beautigirlie
Fibre Addict

Postby beautigirlie » 03 Mar 2018, 21:24

One last thing stool softeners did nothing for me and I feel weak when I’m on regular laxatives. Miralax is the in between. It got me better super fast. No more being in excruciating pain all day long.
beautigirlie
Fibre Addict

Postby beautigirlie » 03 Mar 2018, 22:46

I also take 1 pearl probiotic in the morning and in the evening. Hope these tips help. I’m no longer in horrible pain.
beautigirlie
Fibre Addict

Postby Mark2018 » 05 Mar 2018, 14:54

I have been drinking prune juice since last Thursday - one glass before bed and the next morning things come out a lot easier!
Mark2018
Fibre Addict

Postby Kitty » 05 Mar 2018, 15:28

Thank you for your suggestions. Is it safe to take Miralax on a long term basis? Actually for that matter is it safe to take stool softener every day? I just purchased a cheaper generic stool softener. Does it matter if you don’t take Colace brand? It’s just so expensive. I have started drinking prune juice with breakfast but maybe will add an evening serving. I was eating a lot of almonds but stopped because I almost felt as though there were sharp pieces in my stool. Wonder if that’s possible?!
Kitty
Fibre Addict

Postby beautigirlie » 05 Mar 2018, 15:42

Kitty- my doctor told me to take miralax long term. She has me on it for the next 3 months until I see her again. I’m trying to see what is the smallest dose I can take and still get a good stool consistency. Right now I am at 1/3 capful 2 Times per day. She said she was on miralax her entire pregnancy.
beautigirlie
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 08 Apr 2018, 13:59

Is miralax a powder macrogol salution?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby beautigirlie » 08 Apr 2018, 14:27

I don’t know. It’s osmotic which I believe it draws water directly to your colon to soften stool. I don’t feel very weak while using this. I used to feel so weak when using regular laxatives. As of now I take 1/2 a capful of the powder in water & juice before bed. Then I try drinking lots of fluids the following day.
beautigirlie
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 08 Apr 2018, 14:47

I think it's the same thing but mine come in ready to go sachets
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37