Skin Tag Removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Skin Tag Removal

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Apr 2008, 00:57

OK - this is what I found !!! GRRRRRRRRRRR !!!! I am so MAD at my CRS - if he was now in my proximity I don't know how would I control myself! WHY oh WHY he did not remove my skin tag ???? Is it possible that only patients read new research papers and CRSs sit around scratching their crotch (sorry Kim ) bored to death ??? Basically, he cut my sphincter too little, performed unnecessary fissurectomy and conveniently left my skin tag to drive me nuts !!!!!! Oh well ......
"P. J. Gupta1 and S. Kalaskar1
(1) Fine Morning Hospital and Research Center, Gupta Nursing Home, D/9, Laxminagar, Nagpur, 440022, India
Received: 23 March 2003 Accepted: 23 May 2003
Abstract.
Background: Hypertrophied anal papillae and fibrous anal polyps are frequently found in association with chronic fissure in ano. Usually, no specific attention is given to them and they are considered normal findings. The present prospective study was aimed at determining whether removal of hypertrophied anal papillae and fibrous anal polyps while dealing with chronic fissure in ano confers long-term benefit to patients.
Methods: Between July 1999 and December 2000, 140 patients undergoing anal sphincterotomy were randomized into two groups to have their fibrous polyps and hypertrophied anal papillae either removed by radiofrequency surgery or left intact. After two years, they underwent a detailed interview by an independent, masked investigator.
Results: Overall 84% of patients who had polyp and papilla removal rated the outcome of their surgery as excellent or good in comparison to 58% of controls. The mean satisfaction grading was 9.2 on a visual analogue scale in the treatment group compared to 8.1 in controls (p=0.004).
Conclusion: Removal of hypertrophied anal papillae and fibrous anal polyps should be an essential part of treatment of chronic fissure in ano. Persistence of these structures leaves behind a sense of incomplete treatment, reducing the overall satisfaction on the part of the patient. Radiofrequency procedure is useful in eradication of these concomitant pathologies.
Key words Hypertrophied anal papillae - Fibrous anal polyps - Radiofrequency surgery - Fissure in ano"
Image Image Image Image :)!):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: Skin Tag Removal

Postby val » 19 Apr 2008, 02:12

If its any consolation - which it probably isnt, I had mine done "properly" and I've still got problems. Maybe we're just unlucky!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 09:40

I seriously wonder if docs read this stuff! I faxed a stack of articles to my CRS before my appointment so he had some understanding of my concerns, and outcome I was trying to achieve. He read some but admitted he didn't read all of them.

Bring in the abstract or fax it before your next appointment and ask that it be removed.

Postby juney » 19 Apr 2008, 10:51

i don't think removing the skin tag is as simple as it sounds fissy. i had thought my tag removal was the one successful part of my LIS surgeries and have recently found out that may be the cause of my continuing problems. i guess drs do what they think might be best in the long run. i'm at the point where i wish my dr hadn't removed my tag, maybe i'd be healed then.
find a good dr who knows how to remove skin tags as simple as possible, with few complications. i'm sure you'll be able to get it taken care of.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Apr 2008, 13:07

I guess I will travel to India to have it done properly LOL !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 19 Apr 2008, 19:09

Fiss -
Are you concidering having it taken off now - post surgery? What have you decided? How have you been doing?
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Apr 2008, 01:05

Yes, I am considering taking that nuisance off !!! I have not decided anything yet - trying to find CRS who is using lasers since it is best done that way.
Still looking .... LOL
Fissulyna
VIP