New to the fissure world

Pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the fissure world

Postby Fissuredhell » 12 Apr 2018, 03:58

Hi I am new here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am awake at 4am because this thing hurts so bad I can only sleep for a few hours before having to take a hot bath. I went to the ER and they have me proctofoam and it hurts so bad it feels like lightening up my ass and almost made me vomit in pain. I have tried the calcium channel blocker and nitro but both had side effects I could not tolerate. I am thinking about the LIS but live in a small beach town where no one can see me for 3 months. Feeling very frustrated and alone so I am so glad I found this forum. I need relief from this pain. I feel like I cannot do this another day! Any advice? Thank you for adding me to your group! Looking forward to hearing from you all and I hope (I have to) her this resolved ASAP! Also severe bleeding and low iron levels from losing so much blood through this fissuredhell!
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New to the fissure world

Postby clarissairene » 12 Apr 2018, 07:56

Hi! I feel your pain. I’m crossing my fingers and praying to be on my way to healing. It’s been a year and a few months for me but I’m at my highest pain now. All I can say is be consistent and Dilligant in helping your body heal. I wasn’t last year and I’m where I’m at now because I wasn’t consistent. I have hope if I keep doing The Fiber and baths regularly it will heal. I started bringing in a plastic Sitz bath thing to work and after I use the restroom I sit in it for 15 minutes. I can’t take baths here so this is my other option. This forum is AMAZING and has kept me hopeful.
clarissairene
Fibre Addict

Postby clarissairene » 12 Apr 2018, 08:35

Oh and heating pads help me sleep at night. I had to buy one with an auto turn off after 2 hours so I wouldn't burn myself lol.
clarissairene
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissuredhell » 12 Apr 2018, 13:10

Thank you for your response! It is so good to hear that someone understands exactly what I am feeling. I tried the heating pad last night and that helped so much! I was getting tired of taking so many baths so this is a good alternative, especially during the night. Are you considering surgery at all ?
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict

Postby clarissairene » 12 Apr 2018, 14:20

FissuredHell- (love the name lol)
YESSSSSSSSSSS If I could have surgery I would have it NOW. But more so because its been on going for a year and half. Last year I could work around it. Be in pain but it would only last a few days and then Id be fine. It would come back weeks later. It was a cycle I could live with but shouldn't have. However this year... since January its been 24/7. I have 2 good hours in the morning while getting ready for work. I get to work and bam... I have to use the bathroom and my day is shot. I was even driving home at lunch 40 minutes.... soaking in tub 40 minutes then driving back. All while crying, screaming and just being depressed.

I’ve read SOOO many more positive and success stories to the LIS then I have negative. My surgeon will do it only if my mamotrey pressure test comes back showing my muscle is tight and if it hasn't healed after 6 weeks. Which is I think in June. If you would have asked me yesterday do I think its going to heal I would have said NOOOO. Its horrible 10 out of 10 pain.

Today though... dude, I don't know. Something changed. I am pain level 2. I have been taking Konsyl fiber twice a day, 1 Colace and 1-2 baths or sitz bath things. I also added Ibuprofen. I was taking Tylenol. My mother told me I was allergic to ibuprofen years ago so I never took it. I’m not allergic to it lol. I handled it just fine and I think some swelling or pain went away with it! Today, I brought that bath thing to work and soaked right after and it stopped the spasm! I also STOPPED ditazlim. I know it works. I know people have success stories with it. But it was BURNING me so bad that, that pain alone would make my sphincter muscle spasm!!!!!! So the doctor said its not for everyone, its irritating me and to stop it. Since yesterday stopping it OMG and with the ibuprofen and bath at work... my pain is now a 2 from a 10. I mean still passing the bowel movement still burned like F&^K and I cried but the pain after and spasms are not there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so you- how long have you had it? Do you have a good CRS that you trust? I feel like mines good but we do have a language barrier. Its bothering me. I ask him questions and he just shakes his head.

Glad the heating pad helped! Is your pain all day or just during? Are you considering surgery?
clarissairene
Fibre Addict

Postby clarissairene » 12 Apr 2018, 14:24

I am anemic too. My regular doctor does not think because of the fissure. She said that's not enough blood but I disagree. I am not adding Iron because that constipates!!! So I trying to eat tons of spinach lol.
clarissairene
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissuredhell » 13 Apr 2018, 02:10

Omg you are my new best friend Bc we have the EXACT SAME situation. I have had this for about 2 years and “dealing” with it on and off but it was tolerable. Then last week I had bad diarrhea and I have been spasming ever since. The proctofoam hurt me as bad as the ditazlim and nitro so I stopped all those. I cried when I put on the proctofoam. Almost threw up Bc it was 10/10 pain. Now I would say I am 7/10 pain constantly. I can’t barely work. I just lay in bed depressed as fck. I am scared to eat Bc I will blow my ass out aGain. I got better like you did on Monday and I was SO EXCITED that I ate a full meal ... baked chicken, corn, mashed potatoes... worked all night and was happy, went to bed and woke up with diarrhea and here we go again. Spasms, sitz baths, etc. I will say Motrin works wonders. I have been taking it around the clock and then I get in the shower with hot water and sit on my hands and knees letting the water spray my asshole! LOL! But it feels Sooooo good. It relaxes the muscles and makes the main tolerable for a few hours. Now I am stuck on this heating pad too. AND I took an Apple cider vinegar bath on Monday and I think that is what helped me on Monday night. I am begging for surgery though! I can’t get into a doctor for three months around here in this small beach town so I am stuck. If I get into 10/10 pain again in the next 24 hours I am going back to ER and demanding a surgery consult Bc I can’t take this over and over again. I won’t take iron Bc I don’t want to get constipated. I have constant diarrhea though. Are you getting constipated or having diarrhea ? Does fiber make it more formed ? My HCT was fine it was my ferritin that was low which is your iron stores. I feel so fatigued every day Bc of all this. I can’t believe your doctor said you have to have some damn pressure measures and wait that long! Obviously they have never felt this pain. I am sure they won’t do surgery on me just because I demand it in the ER. I will probably hit the same wall you did!!! I told my boyfriend I am about to take a scalpel and cut my asshole out myself if somebody doesn’t help me !!!! It’s funny but it’s NOT!!!
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict

Postby Hilda925 » 14 Apr 2018, 00:11

Hey I'm new here too. I've had IBS since I was 15. I thought that my hemorrhoids were hurting and rupturing and taking forever to heal until I had to quit my job over it in October. Found out this month it's been fissures all along. Had my large fissure cauderized a week ago because I was in the worst pain of my life. After the surgery nothing would touch the pain. Crying, screaming, blacking out, I thought I was going to die. Landed that night in the hospital and they kept me for 5 days for pain control. My CRS thinks it's extreme nerve pain plus my swelling was so extreme a 3 inch wide area around my anus was black and blue. I'm afraid to eat too. I had a formed stool that was a bit hard today and sooo much blood I'm terrified I ripped it back open. I can't take this anymore I'm so terrified to have the pain go to 10/10 again. My anxiety has me on edge. I literally feel your pain. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Hilda925

Topics: 1

Postby Fissuredhell » 14 Apr 2018, 01:09

Hi Hilda! Nice to meet you! I figured out the pain i not the actual fissure, it’s the minuscule spasms. So hot baths and Motrin help a lot. I am thinking of asking for a muscle relaxer until I can get the surgery. I had a BM tonight and I am fine afterwards so that is exciting! IBS sucks. That’s what I have too. My anxiety is also through the roof every day. I am pretty miserable. Scared to leave the bed and the heating pad on my butt. Hopefully we both can get this resolved sooner than later!
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissuredhell » 14 Apr 2018, 01:11

My fissure re opens and bleeds all the time. I am more worried about being in that 10/10 pain again than the bleeding. I think I am so fatigued every day though for losing so much blood over and over. Prayers for you !
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict