Botox - 1 Month After Second Treatment

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox - 1 Month After Second Treatment

Postby juney » 27 Apr 2008, 21:28

steve - that's awesome that you're doing so well! definitely don't get too complacent until it's been quite some time w/o pain. setbacks seem to be pretty common w/ all of us on the board lately. i'm using MOM everyday and plan to stick w/ it long-term, so i'm really curious to see what your mag test says. hopefully 1 tablespoon a night isn't enough to cause too high levels in the body.
congrats on the healing and keep us posted!! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2008, 04:16

Great to hear this news :)
I wish you well !

Postby buttgirl » 28 Apr 2008, 10:57

From what I understand Mag is really difficult to OD on because excess gets pooed and peed out. Plus, many drs are saying that the RDA for mag is too low by half. But like anything, people can be predisposed to or develop high levels of a certain mineral in their bloodstream.
I knew a woman who loved bananas but couldn't have them anymore after her hip surgery because she suddenly developed abnormally high levels of potassium. No one could figure out exactly what the prob was. It was really a bummer for her.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 28 Apr 2008, 13:10

Steve - what great news! I'm so pleased for you. Hope your healing is permanent!

Chris - my dad was told he had high potassium levels after he collapsed at a blood test (like father, like daughter!) and was taken into hospital.He was told to cut out bananas too.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86