Our Surgery Stats

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Our Surgery Stats

Postby Cheryl » 03 Jan 2007, 22:05

Id love to compare all our surgery stats regarding time on healing... for those that arent quite there yet, save your vote till you think your ready.
I voted a week or so with pain and about a month to get back to normal...
when i say normal.. i mean normal everyday life.. i still dont think my fissure is healed permananty yet.. but im doing extremely well..
I think i owe my quick healing to my softener, my fibre and of course my brilliant diet Image oh and keeping my ass clean and dry soon after the op!
Feel free to add your comments too Image
Last edited by Anonymous on 03 Jan 2007, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: Our Surgery Stats

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2007, 22:36

Great thread Cheryl Image
I voted a week or so, then about a month to back to normal, but really it was closer to two weeks till I was outta the salt bath!!
Like you, I am nearly 100% but everynow and then i feel a pang, but its .00000001% of what it used to be..
Im convinced ill be completely healed in no time :bom:
I owe mine to good diet also and post op rest and cleanlieness - AND ALL OF YOU Image Image Image Thank you!!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2007, 12:54

In just over a week, it will have been two months since undergoing the knife.
I voted a week or so with pain/1 month to feel "normal.
I really can't honestly say I feel "normal." But I have no pain at all now, not even a twinge. If I suddenly were to develop amnesia, I'd never know I'd had any problem with my arse. But...
About a week ago I saw a tiny bit of blood attached to one of my stools...but I had gone to the bathroom three or four times that day! Which has become a pattern for me that is completely unlike my pre-surgery experience (even before I developed the fissure ) -- I shit frequently now. Two or three times a day, generally. The stools are soft, snakelike, and rather skinny, though the odd stool can be larger in diameter. I can't seem to do it all in one sitting. This could be a consequence of going off the extra fiber and/or stool softeners -- my body is re-adjusting.
I"m not really doing anything differently now that I wasn't doing before I got the fissure last year, except I don't eat much red meat and I tend to eat more fruit...but I always ate my fruits and veggies cuz I always loved 'em, and I never really had a constipation problem, maybe once or twice in 47 years! It was diarrhea that gave me my fissure so THATs what *I* have to avoid in the future.
In a couple months, Kate should be posting here -- can't wait to hear her ultimate outcome.
Hugh Image
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 19 Feb 2007, 19:44

i couldn't vote.....
but i am proud of all of you for being here and healing.
for what it is worth, the CRS said even after LIS, it would be a good 4-6 months to up to a year to get really back to normal.
so even though i am reading that most of you have some thoughts/feelings/issues, it all seems within normal range and to be expected.
as all of you, i don't feel like 100%+ back to pre-fissure days normal as i do have more of a psychological affect in going to the toilet, despite the squatting, to want to avoid ever going back to the fissure days. i can say that once february ends, i would have had the two best months ever with relief from the fissure.
next stop, colonoscopy on 2/26! :afro:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Feb 2007, 16:58

Well, I am so PROUD and HAPPY for you that you DIDN'T have to have the surgery! You accomplished what I tried SO HARD to do and now we have someone on this board who can guide (willing) others on the path you took. I will continue to pray that your fissure stays healed and that youo
Don't
go
on
a
Mexican
food
binge!!
take Care, Buddy!
hugh(not) Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Feb 2008, 05:48

I suffered for a week or so with pain, and took up to a month to feel back to normal.
It's now been 6 weeks since my LIS. I also had several internal & external hemmies removed, 3 skin tags removed & several polyps removed. After 2 weeks I was in no pain. A few weeks ago I had a small set-back with bleeding & pain, but that only lasted for 1 day.

Postby erik » 04 Mar 2008, 07:41

I have had the surgery, healed but had re-tear/s.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby buttgirl » 07 May 2008, 10:30

I have had the surgery was experienced very little pain. It's been 8 weeks, though, and the fissure itself still isn't quite healed. It's healing though.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby happyass » 07 May 2008, 18:45

hi buttgirl....just stay your course.....it can take up to 2 years to really heal your fissure post LIS.
a good year for sure. and the first six months will tell how you will progress from there.
just keep positive thoughts and that you are healing; slowly but surely!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 07 May 2008, 18:49

Yeah, good point. I have to keep reminding myself that although I am in pain I am better than I was a month ago. And if you aren't, then soon you will be.

I am stalking Gareth! :!^~: