Fissure healed (acc. to doc) but still pain when sitting

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Re: Fissure healed (acc. to doc) but still pain when sitting

Postby waves » 09 Jun 2018, 12:15

hey valentinak, I haven't posted here in a while (which I guess is usually a good sign in here). So for me I think I've finally overcame it. I had last inspection in the hospital last october and they told me the fissure was healed. However, I was still having strong pain in my butt going down my leg etc. So I told the doc this and she forwarded me to a physiotherapist as she said the pain must come from something else.
fast forward by 6 month. I saw that physio 10 times and in the end he gave up lowering my pain. I googled around about that pain and I kept getting "isciatic nerve" problems or "hamstring" problems for my kind of pain.
went to a Osteopath and he was actually able to lower my pain. At the same time I went to another hospital (rheumatology) to get it checked as the problem - apparently - lays in the back for this pain. so I had it checked out and doctor said it's no rheumatic problems whatsoever and it seems like it must be something with the muscles. so he forwarded me to a hospital internal physiotherapist. I've been there about 5 times now and the pain has almost vanished!!! I'm so happy now! It's still sometimes hurting a bit when I sit or do certain movements but it's at least 90% less than it used to be.
In terms of the fissure I think I have no problems anymore at all. BM is normal and no pain, also no burning pain afterwards. no bleeding. even after sex. so all good! I'm still very careful when I'm using the toilet. no unnecessary pushing and am careful when wiping my butt etc.
hopefully it will stay like that and not return anymore!

btw. I think the botox shot I got last fall was the key to getting my fissure healed.
waves
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Vishal » 09 Jun 2018, 12:27

Hi

I just read your thread and thought your story seems similar to mine. The docs cant see my fissure anymore but i still have pain after sitting ror a while or when Im constipated. Would be glad if i can get the same therapy as you. Can you describe what the therapy involves?
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby waves » 09 Jun 2018, 14:12

Vishal, you can sign up at - more or less - any physiotherapist. but I have to say it really depends to who you go to. The first one I went to couldn't do ANYTHING to ease my pain. The one I'm seeing now it's amazing. so you may have to try out a few physios until you find one that can help you.
in my case the pain center is in my butt (inside) - almost like a fissure pain. And it radiated down my left leg into my knee and way down to the foot. the root cause of this pain apparently is in the lower back so it's best if you find a physio that is specialized in lower back problems.
you can also use these keywords: isciatic nerve pain, quadratus lumborum, hamstrings pain

it can be one of them or many of them. even the physio will have to try a bit around until he can pin point the source of the pain.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby Vishal » 10 Jun 2018, 10:37

Trust me I can relate to the pain radiating down to the leg. In my case the fissure is on my right side and sometimes I feel pain on my right testicle too. I live in a third world country named Guyana and there is not a lot of therapists around. Will google the keywords you listed and see what I come up with.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 10 Jun 2018, 11:23

oh sorry to hear... well I can tell you what the physiotherapist did and maybe you can try to some self-treatment and see if it helps you.
he was searching for trigger points in my body. usually the spots were located at the side of my butt-cheek or at the side of my abs. he pushed in those muscles very strongly for a few minutes until the tension of the muscle released. finding those spots he was checking where I was specially sensible or the muscles felt hardened. and exactly there he pushed to release the muscles.
hope that can help you a bit!
waves
Salt Bather

Postby Vishal » 11 Jun 2018, 08:01

Yea thanks for sharing. Seems very simple. btw Have you used coconut oil? Thats whats been helping me out
mostly. I use a teaspoon with every meal and also topically.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 11 Jun 2018, 14:31

yes I used to use coconut oil when the fissure was more severe. Havent used it in a while anymore. I mostly use it for cooking at the moment.
maybe I should start using it more again.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby razireaver » 17 Aug 2022, 03:22

Hi Waves, how are you doing now? Hope all is well. My condition is so much similar to yours so I thought I would reach out to you. You haven't really posted in a while so am hoping this message still get through to you.
razireaver
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby kamard2300 » 25 Jan 2023, 10:23

hello can i know how are you now
kamard2300
Salt Bather

Postby kamard2300 » 25 Jan 2023, 10:29

hello can I know how are you now
kamard2300