Anal fissure

anal fissure solution

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure

Postby nels1922 » 23 Jun 2018, 14:15

I finally have something to add to the anal fission forum. I am a 95-year-old male who developed anal fission following constipation from taking a statin. I had to have a stent put in my heart artery due to a blockage and needed to take a statin. After a while I had a constipation problem and gradually I noticed some bright blood on my stools. My doctor diagnosed it as anal fission, but I never had any pain associated with it. I have tried many laxatives over the years and have finally come to use Metamucil and miralax. However I was still having trouble getting soft stools until I found inulin. Inulin is about 100% soluble fiber which helps getting soft stools. At present I take 2 teaspoons each of Metamucil, MiraLAX, and inulin. I would see a speck of blood on my stools now and then but I have not seen anything for over two months now. I used pranicure ointment which is expensive and desitin ointment which is very inexpensive to rub on my anus and help cure the wound. I would also use a sitz bath. Hopefully my comments may help someone solve their anal fission problems.
nels1922

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Vishal » 24 Jun 2018, 14:11

Hi there
Thanks for your advice. At your age thank god you didnt have to deal with the pain.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2