Lis surgery four days ago

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Lis surgery four days ago

Postby Amandanicole95 » 24 Apr 2018, 10:54

Hey all! This is my first time posting to the site but man I have to say throughout my whole journey with fissures and hemorrhoids this site has been such a comfort for me to be able to read about others in the same situation..
A little about myself, a 23-year-old female who just had my daughter January 2018. After I had my daughter that’s when I had developed my fissure. I also had some pretty bad hemorrhoids. Well, I SUFFERED these past 3 months. I’m talking 12+ hours of spasms after a BM whee I couldn’t sit or do anything. BMs were also excruciating. I couldn’t play with my daughter or live a normal life. After trying every cream under the sun I had decided I needed the surgery. I didn’t care about the recover or how painful it was (I mean I was a little nervous) I just wanted to heal!!
Well it happened pretty crazy. I went to visit my family in socal and my fissure was so painful that I told my family I needs to go see a CRS today! I went and they looked and said I definitely needed surgery and he could get me in that day! my poor husband was at home and I was telling him everything.
I’m here to tell you, I was scared to get the surgery, not being at home and what the recovery would be like.
Well I’m 3 days in (I also had 3 hemorrhoids banded) and I’m here to tell you I’m PAIN FREE! My bms have been so smooth and no spasms! I only took the pain meds the first day and trust me I’m a baby when it comes to pain. I’m just here to offer encouragement to anyone questioning if they should get LIS. It has given me my life back and I wish I had done it sooner!!!!!
Amandanicole95
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Lis surgery four days ago

Postby chachacha » 24 Apr 2018, 11:14

Thanks for your very positive post! Good luck with the rest of your healing and a huge congrats on having your baby girl (who you will now be able to fully enjoy)!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby jack_attack29 » 31 May 2018, 05:24

Thank you for sharing! I also had a fissure occur after I gave birth in March. Being in this pain and not being able to function with my son how I had invisioned has been torture to me!

I was misdiagnosed with a hemorrhoid and after 6 weeks of telling them I thought it was something else, I was referred to a gastroenterologist. He immediately told me it was a fissure. Well, by this time the fissure was chronic and I am set to have surgery on Friday (6/1). When I met with my CRS he told me he would do the LIS surgery and remove the sentinel tag that has developed (what an annoying little guy! -the tag, not my doctor).

I am hoping to have a speedy recovery and get in a little bit of pain free time in with my baby before I go back to work on June 25th.
jack_attack29
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Amandanicole95 » 31 May 2018, 05:42

Ugh, I’m so sorry! The pain is excruciating especially if you kept getting misdiagnosed. I had that happen to me and I finally went to see a CRS that was able to help me! You will be so happy you got the surgery! I am still feeling great and loving my life again! Being able to hold my daughter and sit with her after going to the bathroom pain free is something I will never again take for granted! I hope it goes well! :)
Amandanicole95
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 23 Jun 2018, 16:32

Seems pretty common to get a fissure after childbirth that's when I first got mine 4.5 years ago hope you ladys are doing well.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Amandanicole95 » 23 Jun 2018, 18:00

It was terrible. I am doing great now that I had the surgery!
Amandanicole95
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2018, 20:58

So happy for you amanda how long since surgery? I've only had Botox for my fissure which hasn't fixed it but it's made life better it's helped but not completely fixed it it started after having my my first son so this fissure an him are nearly 5years old so every birthday he has so does the fissure pretty sad reminder really every birthday I think about this horrible thing an how hard it was with a new born twice I now have another boy he's 1 year old an I'm still struggling with this fissure it was hard after he was born too
Last edited by missy moo on 25 Jun 2018, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amandanicole95 » 25 Jun 2018, 00:38

I had my surgery at the end of April so it’s only been a couple of months since I’ve had my surgery. I’m completely pain-free and wish I would’ve gotten the surgery sooner! The recovery was not bad at all and I feel like I’m able to live my life normal again. I’m sorry that you still are suffering. I would recommend getting the surgery soon as possible. It’s worth every penny and you will be able to feel like a normal human again!
Amandanicole95
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 25 Jun 2018, 18:02

Thanks for the words of encouragement everytime someone tell me they did it an have their life back it makes me want to do it too
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amandanicole95 » 25 Jun 2018, 18:14

Good luck to you!
Amandanicole95
Fibre Addict