6 years in - finally healed - butt plug magic

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: 6 years in - finally healed - butt plug magic

Postby missy moo » 30 Jun 2018, 15:41

Do you consider yourself healed from bum plugs? I've thought about this since my fissure was about 1 year old it's now nearly 5 years old and I've got to say it's the only thing I haven't tried apart from lis so maybe it's time I gave it a go only thing is is my fissure is never closed it bleeds everyday mite just go ahead an try anyway?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby workingonitagain » 30 Jun 2018, 17:54

Well I don't know if they make plugs small enough to start with when you are still that sore.
I was pretty tight 6 months ago from stress and soreness. So I started with a qtip and then just my pinky finger and a small dab of diaper cream (desitin is made with lanolin and not vaseline). Now I can use my middle finger after each bm and just gently pull on the sides (less on the sore side of course) in a gentle stretch. It works with my schedule and is gentler than dildos or a plug would be. So far so good. I think it's important to lower your stress about it. So I gave mine a name (jerry) and somehow that helps. Makes it seem like less of an affliction somehow.
workingonitagain
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 30 Jun 2018, 18:02

Are you not using plugs? After having the Botox I'm less sore it's just a bit of discomfort/slight pain during a bm an the odd spasm which to me feels like a pin prick in the bum during the day much better since having Botox but still have a large skin tag that's sore to touch an a bleeding fissure but I could try gentle stretching do you use softeners or do you have formed bms?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby workingonitagain » 30 Jun 2018, 18:41

I was asking this person who started the thread about it because I haven't tried that. I did try dildos for a while but i couldn't work it into my schedule with work and kids and stuff. I use restoralax which is the canadian version of miralax. I only use 1 Tbsp each evening and I am very careful with my diet (small amounts starches, lots of veggies, limited meat) and drinking lots of fluids. Happily this diet also keeps my weight down ; )
workingonitagain
Fibre Addict

Postby portland » 01 Aug 2018, 17:55

I've had fissures for over ten years and it's been a nightmare. I started seeing a doctor a year ago and he finally suggested I try dilating along with Diltiazem 2%.

I bought a set of dilators from amazon (http://a.co/iLuNZCw) and started using them daily for around 10-30 minutes. It's now been 3 weeks and I've had no pain what-so-ever. I'm going to continue dilating and hope things continue looking up.
portland

Postby finallyhealed » 14 Aug 2018, 11:14

Hi Tanya,

Sorry for the late reply! Because I thankfully seem to be over my fissures, I didn't think to come back to this forum to check on replies after posting. However, someone sent me an email regarding the post so I figured I'd check up on it.

"Did it not start working till you used the largest size? So would the narrow part equate to an inch?"

I think using a butt plug started working immediately, but did not fully solve the problem until I got to the larger sizes. My main problem with fissures was hard stool reopening them after they'd healed on their own. so naturally I think that it's important to work your way up to a butt plug with a diameter larger than the diameter of your largest potential stool.

the narrowest part of the first butt plug I used was definitely less than an inch. I think you're right in thinking that a dilator might be more effective than a butt plug because the widest part of a butt plug is not at the outer or even inner sphincter. The one benefit of a butt plug is that once you manage to get it in, you can keep it in for many hours. A dilator I'd imagine won't stay in one place and will probably just slip out.
finallyhealed

Topics: 1

Postby portland » 16 Aug 2018, 18:10

Hey Finallyhealed –
What was the largest size that you got up to? Im using about a 1.25" dilator now and debating larger. I just don't want to re-tear something.
portland

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 18:27

I'd say work up to a size of the largest stool you've had an continue using that forever that way if you even have one of your largest stool your muscle won't have an issue with it that's just my opinion an what I would do an will do some day soon so I can then stop the stool softener an crazy dieting
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 16 Aug 2018, 18:30

Missy how are you how are you feeling lately how are things going healing wise?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 18:34

Hey Mike I'm doing well thanks even though I saw a little blood today still no pain with it it's like the Botox is a mini lis for me even if my bm gets hard theres a bit of blood discomfort - slight pain while going then 1min later I'm fine an carry on with my day I'm booked for more Botox but wonder if I need it? I feel like this plug idea would be a good why to do a gentle gradual anal dilation similar to the dilation doctors used to do, it makes since. How are you doing?
missy moo
King Fissure