2nd round of Botox

Fingers crossed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2nd round of Botox

Postby missy moo » 09 Jul 2018, 22:46

So I've just got home after seeing a surgeon about my fissure it hasn't healed from the first Botox but the surgeon is confident that since after 5 months of the first lot of Botox my situation has improved an pain reduced he believes one more dose would be the answer he has taken me under his wing an will be doing any future work for me which is a big relief he makes me feel safe an comfortable and he has small hands :D I'm booked for one more Botox an if I need lis later on he will be doing it he said because he's done the most out of every surgeon in my local hospital so I'm very happy I'll let you know how it goes, I don't have a Botox date yet.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: 2nd round of Botox

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Jul 2018, 22:51

That's great news missy! I hope your second round is scheduled soon and will help you heal permanently. And it's great that you have found a doctor to trust.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 10 Jul 2018, 01:11

Thanks P&h he really did make me feel like he was going to look after me an sort this out asap he was very understanding an said he completely gets it an understands he said he want to get me to a point where life is much better an I don't have to think about this anymore he really made me feel saved like finally someone's here to help me. He said he's overriding my case or over ruling not sure but it assured me he was taking over
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby chachacha » 10 Jul 2018, 07:25

Really happy for you, Missy. I, too, hope that your appointment for the second round, is soon.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby missy moo » 10 Jul 2018, 15:05

Thanks chachacha he also said he wouldn't clean up the fissure unless there was a bit of scar tissue otherwise they don't touch it he mentioned it could also be abit to do with my pelvic floor being to tense but thats something I could look into he's also put a note to my doctor about doing something for my anxiety he worked in the UK for awhile an when I asked about any bad outcomes from lis he said he's had no botched jobs an did an lis on a female lawyer before leaving UK so that gave me confidence if I need lis I'll be happy for him to do it he said he's only had good outcomes but he doesn't think I need lis atleast not yet I believed an trusted everything he said which was refreshing
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 10 Jul 2018, 15:35

Missy moo this sounds really positive. Let us know as soon as you get a date for your 2nd round of botox. I've started pelvic floor PT to help reduce tension and make sure my sphincter and bowel are functioning correctly. I've done two sessions and so far, so good!
Also, I've recently discovered cardiac coherence breathing exercises for anxiety. Search for it on YouTube. You need to do it for 5 mins, 3 times a day but it is supposedly very good for anxiety. It was recommended to me by a professional psychologist.
Happy hugs! I'm so glad you are doing well :)
Deleted User 7114

Postby missy moo » 15 Jul 2018, 15:43

Thanks hedgehogbum my surgeon also said who cares if the fissure never heals aslong as your not in pain which I agree with its I guess more a mental thing do you guys agree with that? Also he mentioned the first time I was given 60mls of botox an this time he's going to put in 100 an also do the upper muscles not just the lower ring muscles like what was only done the first time does that make sense? he draw on a piece of paper to explain this certain area an it was the muscles that hold the sphincter muscles like up higher does this some normal? No one on here has talked about it before
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Jul 2018, 10:57

Botox will migrate to the surrounding muscles anyway, so even if it's injected higher up the effect will be similar to what you had before. That's my understanding at least, though I could be wrong.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 16 Jul 2018, 19:47

He also wants to put in 100ml have you heard ppl getting that much before? My first lot was 60ml
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 19 Jul 2018, 22:19

Hey so the area the surgeon wants to put some of the Botox into is called the puborectaolis not sure what that is but i just got a letter stating what we talked about in the appointment an what will be done next. Anyone know what this is it also states he thinks I may also have a bit of anismus since I explained that during bms it feels like the bm can't fit even if it's soft. Any ideas appreciated
Last edited by missy moo on 31 Jul 2018, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure