please help!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

please help!!

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2007, 08:11

In the middle of the night last night I had to have a bm. I went and spayed with the water bottle and blotted like normal but I felt a very hard and very tender hard knot right at the edge of my rectum. This morning It hurts almost to the point of needing a pain killer, but not quite. Has any one experienced this. I am waiting for my DR. to open so I can call and ask about this. In the mean time I would like any answers or thoughts that anyone might have. Thanks again for your continued support and helpful advice.

Re: please help!!

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2007, 08:30

I have had all sorts of pain and swelling as I was recovering from hemorrhoid surgery. I realize it is different from what you had but anytime you cut tissue, especially soft mucosal tissue that is highly vascularized, there will be quite a bit of swelling. I remember I had a lot of swelling and thought the surgery must not have worked because it didn't feel any different because of the swelling.
It is possible that you have a small thrombosis or blood clot that formed in the tissue. It could be a small abcess or just normal healing because they can be similar in that area. Do you have any fever or signs of infection?
Let us know what the doctor says and take something if you need it for the pain while you are waiting for help.
Hang in there,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2007, 20:51

Image I Called my CRS today and he said it was probably a thrombsed (sp). He said this sometimes occurs at the injection site of the Botox. Told me to watch for increase in pain or a fever. If the pain gets bad I am supposed to call him because he will be on call the whole weekend.
Do any of you have any tips for dealing with a thrombsed or any helpful tips for it healing on its own.Image
My Dr. also said if it wasn't any better by Monday, even if it hadn't gotten any worse I needed to come in so he could be sure of what it is.

Postby Guest » 06 Apr 2007, 09:11

Hey Sheri,
Taking baths with epsom salts can help with the thrombosis. It helps to pull out the swelling. How is it today?
Normally about 72 hours the body starts to work harder to break down the thrombosis though it can take awhile for it to completely break down and be absorbed.
If it is not getting much better on its own I would go see the doctor on Monday. Maybe he can take the clot out. I have had that done before.
Hope you feel better soon,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 06 Apr 2007, 10:25

It is still sore today. I have also been going to the bathroom All night and all day! I am sure this may make matters worse.
How do they they take the clot out? I was wondering about that. Do they just give you a local and cut it to drain? Does it hurt?
Thanks again for your help and support it is very much appreciated:thankyou:

Postby Guest » 06 Apr 2007, 10:51

They make a small incision and remove the clot. The shot to numb the area is worse than the incision most of the time. They normally reserve this for the first 72 hours after a clot has formed because after that time period the body starts to break it down on its own and the pain from the incision would be greater than the thrombosis at that point.
Yeah, I am sure your having to go so often is not making it any better. Is your diarrhea worse since the botox? I wonder if your doctor would let you take some Immodium to slow down the diarrhea. That is just awful. I go once a day and that hurts for hours and sometimes all day like it has been lately. I can't imagine having to go more than once a day-that would really suck.
Lecia