My AF and LIS surgery experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My AF and LIS surgery experience

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 10 Jul 2018, 12:51

Hi missy moo, I’m doing so much better thanks! It finally dawned on me that I need to accept that I will need to take laxatives as a long-term solution and I have started taking them regularly — every 3-4 days depending on my BMs. I really, truly didn’t think I was constipated, but it turns out I must have been all along. So for the time being my fissure has healed and thanks to the laxatives, my BMs are a lot smoother and easier to pass. I still get a sharp pain just as the BM starts, but i’m definitely heading in the right direction. I hope that I’ll continue to feel even better over the weeks and months ahead.

How are you doing?
Deleted User 7114

Postby missy moo » 10 Jul 2018, 15:13

Hey that's great I'm actually thinking about reducing my lax an hopefully coming off it completely over the next month I had an appointment yesterday with a surgeon he said he wouldn't bother with lax so I mite just improve my diet an start eatting prunes before every meal my appointment is in the general area it's called booked for 2nd round of Botox read it if you'd like in short I'm doing good feeling very positive : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 10 Jul 2018, 15:26

That's great missy moo!! Yes diet can help a lot with BM consistency. If you feel you can do it with diet alone, that is wonderful news :D . I'm glad you're doing well. Katie is doing well too and so am I. I'm so pleased for all of us!

:smilyhug:
Deleted User 7114

Postby JaiShriRam » 31 Jul 2018, 08:19

Hi Guys, just wanted to ask you guys if any one has had issues with lot of blood during BM when prescribed Flagyl (Metridonazole) ???
I was prescribed yesterday morning by my CRS out of the blue during my 1st follow up post-op. I have taken just 2 doses and my BMs have been a blood bath. Sorry for being gory but I am worried ... Is this normal ? I am taking ibuprofen 400 also....
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1