Throbbing/stinging/burning/itching

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Throbbing/stinging/burning/itching

Postby Camry » 25 Jul 2018, 19:27

Hello everyone, im rt 40 male, new to this forum. Glad to know that i am not the only one with fissure problems...

Started june of this year having a hard poop come out, after awhile felt nu butt hurt with blood on tp amd water. Went to a colorectal surgeon and saw that i had fissure. I was given pain meds, calmoseptine cream/fiber capsules and stool softener. With all this there are days i am ok and there are days that i feel like the fissure had a retear....its a never ending cycle of getting healed and unhealed.

One thing i find strange is that after a bm i get this throbbing/pulsing/stinging feeling for hours....i try to divert my attention on other things but sometimes i am annoyed with this feeling. Usually i have this feeling after a regular bm in the morning and another strange thing is come afternoon that odd feeling usually subsides...are these spasms? Stress?

I have an active lifestyle. Work in the office and into basketball....

How do you guys cope up with the pain and all? Although i was given pain killers for the pain, i only take it once it is really untolerable. I dont want to be dependent on it...sitz bath i do after bm...helps me awhile but not long term.

How can you guys cope up with this af?
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Throbbing/stinging/burning/itching

Postby dmcff » 26 Jul 2018, 01:20

Hi, sorry to hear you're in pain What country are you in? What pain meds were you given?
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Camry » 26 Jul 2018, 01:39

Hello dm. Im from manila. For pain i was given arcoxia which i only took when needed. I was given calmoseptine to be used after sitz bath and some fiber capsules and stool softener. Citrucel and colace.
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby dmcff » 26 Jul 2018, 03:04

Thanks for clarifying your location - in general, I think it would help if posters would fill in the 'Location' field in their user profile, as the treatment of AF seems to vary a lot in different parts of the world, and it's hard to offer advice if one doesn't know where the poster is living.

For pain meds you might be better off with an anti-convulsant like pregabalin or gabapentin - these can reduce pain safely and don't have the unfortunate side effects of many NSAIDs, including arcoxia, which I don't think is even approved in the U.S. for example (though it is approved in U.K., apparently).

Also, while calmoseptine may be effective in reducing irritation, it probably doesn't have the healing properties of nifedipine, nitroclycerin or diltiazem - could you get one of these prescribed in Manila?

The throbbing, pulsing and stinging are probably caused by spasms - maybe you could do some pelvic floor relaxation exercises? Try Googling for them on the Web.

Please note that I am not a medical professional - if you have concerns about your treatment, you should consult your CRS or primary care physician.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Camry » 26 Jul 2018, 03:20

Thanks dm for your advice...
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby mike1971 » 29 Jul 2018, 07:09

Hi Camry how r u feeling? Have u considered surgery?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Camry » 29 Jul 2018, 07:53

Am doing a bit fine. Soft stools at the moment. Still not losing hope that one day it will be ok...am being extra careful with what i eat...not too much yet not too less of fiber, lots of fluids...scared of another retear...the pain although annoying at times, i try my best to divert my attention on other things just so i dont think about it much....
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby mike1971 » 29 Jul 2018, 08:05

Have u seen a surgeon Camry?

How does your medical system work in the Phillipines?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Camry » 29 Jul 2018, 22:11

Yup went to a crs and was diagnosed with chronic af.....feeling much better now pain after bm would be a 6 to 7 compared before which is around 9. Medical system here is also ok.
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby legalwriter » 07 Aug 2018, 15:25

It sounds like the same symptoms I experienced. The pain was just miserable. I took some Tylenol and Advil but that only helped a little. I just waited it out. For me, it took about 10-12 hours before I stopped having pain after each bowel movement.

I finally improved after using nitroglycerine, Miralax, eating a high fiber diet, drinking lots of water, and metamucil. You want to keep your stool very soft to allow time for things to heal. Nitroglycerine can help stimulate blood flood to help with the healing process. It's expensive (1 tube cost me $70 US) but it was so worth it.
legalwriter

Topics: 1