Thank you all, my pooper is all better.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Thank you all, my pooper is all better.

Postby fissuredout » 11 Jun 2012, 16:05

First off, I’d like to thank all of those here for posting their experience with this life controlling problem. Nobody can come close to understanding what we’ve gone and are going thru until having “pooper” problem themselves. I always felt embarrassed as most of you know and when I’d mention the problems to my general doctor they would excuse it as nothing big. Well trust me, if you have an anal fissure or thrombosed hemorrhoid; it is a very big deal. So it took me 17 years and a 9/10 on the pain meter to see an actual rectal doctor. Luckily I live in a big city and have one of the best doctors around who did my work.
My “pooper” problems have been going on for 17 years; most of this is my fault for not going to the doctor and getting it fixed the right way. For the past 17 years it has always been a struggle to poop. Eventually I starting seeing a very small (1-2 drops) amount of blood while going and the pain was 1-2/10 as well. This is how it remained for the next 14 or so years.
Two years ago I developed a small external hemorrhoid that was 4-5/10 and would relax after a day or so. Again I was only seeing 1-2 drops of blood while pooping. One day after going poop this hemorrhoid tripled in size and became completely unbearable to sit, stand, or walk. This prompted me to make an immediate appointment with my pooper doc. To make a long story short he removed the hemorrhoid in his office and 3 weeks of recover later I was all better.
No lets flash forward to today’s events; I’m currently 1 week post op of a sphincterotomy. My 17 years of anal fissures and rectal muscle spasms were enough. I was now seeing quite a bit more blood and 8-9/10 pain with every bowel movement. I can absolutely tell you if I knew how easy this was going to be to repair, the surgery would have happened 17 years ago. I hope that if anyone else is going thru what I did for the past 17 years they make a choice to get it fixed as opposed to my experience.
My recovery for the sphincterotomy was amazing and there is no way I could have imaginged how easy this would have been. I had the dreaded first bowel movement on day two and it was the first time in 17 years I had absolutely no pain or bleeding. Here I am 7 days later and many poops later enjoying life again. In fact I just finished a 4 mile walk and have been doing 1-2 miles a day for the past 4 days.
I’m a very active person and in excellent shape. In the next couple days I plan on starting up with all normal exercise again. I typically run 20-25 miles a week and do cross-fit 3-4 days a week. I also have a very physically demanding job which I went back to on day 6.

Good luck to everyone in their pooper endeavors and thanks again for helping me get my life back :D .

fissuredout

Topics: 1

Re: Thank you all, my pooper is all better.

Postby 44alegna44 » 11 Jun 2012, 20:08

Hi Fissuredout and a Big Congratulations to You Image
I can't even imagine how wonderful it must be, after having suffered for 17 years, to have the pain taken away in merely a flash..... Image
Thanks for sharing such an encouraging story with us and may your healing continue on this steady course. Image
Best Wishes,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jax » 11 Jun 2012, 22:08

Wow, congrats on your new found pleasure lol. I wish you continuing health.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 08 Aug 2018, 10:16

Congrats to you. Hope you are still in cured mode. I go in on Friday for my LIS. Thanks for the encouraging post.
Deleted User 7275

Postby mike1971 » 15 Aug 2018, 07:07

How did your procedure go WW?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 18 Aug 2018, 20:09

Good I think. 8 days out and I’m healing. The days are getting better, and better. I still get the burn here and there. Blood stopped 3 days in I guess they recut to get a good heal. I am walking twice a day around the block and I see the doctor on Friday for a checkup. I’ll let you know but I think I’m just starting over. I read it’s 2 months for a full heal so got to take it easy. I tell you what, I haven’t had any of those bad spasms I was having. That’s what made me get the LIS. I was feeling great then one day man oh man that internal sphincter. I get small external but not as bad as before.
I wasn’t going to do it but I need to work and it was keeping me from it. After I saw my doc the first time I told him I will give it a month and he said ‘ ok but looks like you’ve had this for 6 months so when you’re ready to tap out...” I’m a tough guy and this thing got the best of me. Ask more questions if you need. Thanks ps the pain gets less and less each day little by little. (44yr old male) for reference .
Deleted User 7275

Postby Shannon » 08 Dec 2018, 01:19

Walking Wednesday wrote:Good I think. 8 days out and I’m healing. The days are getting better, and better. I still get the burn here and there. Blood stopped 3 days in I guess they recut to get a good heal. I am walking twice a day around the block and I see the doctor on Friday for a checkup. I’ll let you know but I think I’m just starting over. I read it’s 2 months for a full heal so got to take it easy. I tell you what, I haven’t had any of those bad spasms I was having. That’s what made me get the LIS. I was feeling great then one day man oh man that internal sphincter. I get small external but not as bad as before.
I wasn’t going to do it but I need to work and it was keeping me from it. After I saw my doc the first time I told him I will give it a month and he said ‘ ok but looks like you’ve had this for 6 months so when you’re ready to tap out...” I’m a tough guy and this thing got the best of me. Ask more questions if you need. Thanks ps the pain gets less and less each day little by little. (44yr old male) for reference .

That’s good to hear! How’s your recovery at this point? Hope you are well!! :Rock:
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1