Something other than fissure

Bleeding after jock itch

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Something other than fissure

Postby Thorgrim » 14 Aug 2018, 16:46

I have been struggling off and on with anal bleeding for nine months. I saw a proctologist in June who did not see a fissure or any hemorrhoids, based on my description he thought I had a fissure. About three weeks ago after a very sweaty weekend I got intense anal itching, that progressed to my genitals, I went to a regular doctor, who told me I had a yeast overgrowth/ jock and used clotrimizole for it, and it has gotten better, about a week ago I developed a little pain while going to the bathroom and then today some blood streaking on the stool. I have gotten back in there with a camera and cannot see a fissure, however my anus is very inflamed and there are some skin folds that are swollen. My doctor said if it came back to call him and maybe get nitro cream, but I am not convinced I have a fissure.

Whenever I have pain and bleeding the best thing for it seems to be Prep H suppositories which as far as I know are steroid free (phynelpherine and cocoa butter), I use them for a few days and everything clears up. My pain level also seems really low compared to what other say they experience on here, basically my life is unchanged other that I think about what the heck is up with my butt all the time.

About a year a go I had a string of weird skin issues that were atributed to a candida overgrowth, I stopped drinking for awhile and ate a lot less sugar and they seemed to go away. Is it possible I have had a yeast infection in my rectum for nine months that gets aggravated from time to time and bleeds?
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Something other than fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Aug 2018, 16:40

It might be best to see a dermatologist about this. It could be a form of eczema that requires more treatment than simply nitro ointment.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40