Anal fissure with itchy painful skin around it

Please help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure with itchy painful skin around it

Postby sean530 » 28 Oct 2018, 23:18

Hi all, I am a 26-year-old guy, who has a fissure. I was all fine and using the 0.2% GTN for it but its a vicious cycle of tear and heal. I can't get any proper stool softners here, But now things are much much worse. in the morning I have a really bad itch. The entire anal area is swollen and tender. its been a week maybe that i started used the latex gloves for applying the ointment so maybe its allergy to them. I also suspect that things got a bit bad when I changed the 0.2% GTN to 0.4%. The new ointment I believed was not good since it caused me to feel "inflamed" down there if that makes sense. Changed to 2% diltiazem from a different pharmacy. I didn't cause the inflammatory feeling but I was not a proper ointment as I had a granular texture which I didn't notice at first but dam I think it caused a lot of damage. Now for the past three mornings, I have had an itch in my bottom and the around the anal area. I don't know what to do or where to go? Should I go to a dermatologist or a gastrologist or a surgeon?

Please please if there is someone who's experienced this I need help.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Last edited by sean530 on 24 Nov 2018, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
sean530
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Anal fissure with itchy painful skin around it

Postby Gray » 29 Oct 2018, 13:01

I had a similar reaction to diltiazem. The itch was horrible so my doctor switched me to a different ointment nifedipine. Hope you get to feeling better.
Gray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby sean530 » 29 Oct 2018, 13:38

thanks for your suggestion. right now im using 0.2%gtn from a new pack and its causing me to feel a bit inflamed in the entire perineal area. dull achy feeling? advice? thoughts?
sean530
Salt Bather

Postby Gray » 29 Oct 2018, 15:18

I've had GTN cause some irritation but not the dull achy feeling. Could it be your fissure causing the pain?
Gray
Fibre Addict

Postby sean530 » 29 Oct 2018, 22:26

No my fissure isn't that painful. It's just that after applying the ointment it felt like a dull achy feeling in the entire perineal region. Started about 45 min after applying the ointment.
sean530
Salt Bather

Postby Gray » 30 Oct 2018, 07:41

I would get a dull ache from my fissure sometimes but that started for me after it began to heal some. It went from the burning hurt to the ache. I take ibuprofen for it and it helps. The problem with the creams is sometimes the base will irritate the skin. So, I've had a few creams that I couldn't use after a week or so and had to have the bases the medicine is mixed with switched.

I noticed on one of your other posts that you can't get stool softeners where you live. I don't use softeners and my CRS told me to just try to get around 30-35g of fiber a day. But, try to get more soluble fiber than insoluble. So I eat quite a bit of fruits, veggies, and nuts to get it.

Hope you get to feeling better.
Gray
Fibre Addict

Postby sean530 » 31 Oct 2018, 12:59

hey thanks man. but things are kinda bit worse for me now. i have this dull ache in my bum all day long. this has literally consumed my life and there was so little of that to begin with :cry:
sean530
Salt Bather