IbGard - Has anyone had any luck with this?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

IbGard - Has anyone had any luck with this?

Postby BrooklynButt » 06 Nov 2018, 10:25

Not to be too gross (but of course this is the place where one can be gross) but I have been having difficulty with stool consistency. Have been using Benefiber for a few weeks now and my stools are soft but they are sticky - water alone doesn't really clean me and lots of wiping (even with wet wipes) of course causes problems. I have used more insoluble fiber (konsyl) in the past which did for a while result in a "cleaner" poop but caused other problems from perhaps being too firm.

My CRS thinks I may have some variety of IBS and in a recent phone convo with her she mentioned 1) Uping my dosage of Benefiber (wouldn't this make things *more* sticky though?) and 2) a product called IbGard which is apparently capsule.

Is anyone on here using/has used IbGard and did you find it helpful? I don't really have bloating-related pain or gas, thankfully, so I am not checking all of the IBS boxes. Just thought I would check in here before trying out another product.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: IbGard - Has anyone had any luck with this?

Postby patience_and_healing » 12 Nov 2018, 11:10

My husband tried IBGuard for his IBS-D and he found that it did help with too soft BMs. These days he uses a cheaper version of it called PudinHara.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40