POLL ON HEALING!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What helped you HEAL?

Surgery
21%
Botox
7%
Diltiazam, etc
22%
Self-Dilation
3%
Medical dilation (SAD, etc)
No votes
Something else
30%
None of the above
18%

Total votes : 151

Re: POLL ON HEALING!!

Postby missy moo » 06 Dec 2018, 16:38

Ok I've had mine for 5 years since my first son was born like you it would come an go I had Botox for it about 10 months ago an now its more manageable I live in less pain well no pain only mild pain or discomfort during each bm the fissure bleeds like everytime but once I leave the restroom I can go on with my day alot better then before Botox I'm getting more Botox soon to hopefully finish off the discomfort during bms which my surgeon said a second dose should fix. Also my bms are all over the place I cant control them half the time I've tried alot of softeners but I'm now taking nothing an just trying to eat healthy an drink water I'm also trying to figure out what constipates me or makes stools harder an that helps so if you can figure out which foods you need to avoid that will help you alot, good luck healing an if you get offered lis I would take it I've only heard great stories about it.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Shannon » 07 Dec 2018, 20:44

Met with my CRS today. He said my fissure is very small and anterior. He’s recommending Botox shot for me since I keep having setbacks. I’ll continue nitroglycerin ointment until my Botox which will like be about 2-3 weeks. Wish me luck!!!
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 07 Dec 2018, 22:30

Shannon that's great your on the right track to fix it it's relieving to have a plan right? Do you mind me asking how yours started mine is also anterior.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Shannon » 07 Dec 2018, 22:55

Mine started end of May 2018 after a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. Literally out of the blue. It was awful. The fissure wasn’t dx till about month later. It’s right where the hem was. Since July I’ve been on nitroglycerin cream and at first it healed me then 2 weeks later setback. Then I got a month healed. Then 7 weeks healed. Then after thanksgiving I got a new retear and then a new thrombosed external hemorrhoid!! How unlucky! Today it was confirmed the hem shrunk and not bothering me but the tiny little fissure reopened. So I’m hoping since the hem resolved maybe it will help the fissure heal. I think what contributed to this recent setback was I started having wine again here and there, decaf coffees with cream, chocolates. I just can’t have those things! I’m ok with that. This is def a game changer in lifestyle. I have to commit to this for life. It’s the only way I heal. So my dr said next week when I follow up with him we can assess better if still want Botox.
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 07 Dec 2018, 23:12

Once they go chronic creams won't fix them the muscle is disturbed an will likely be tighter now I thought mine would heal that's why I did nothing but cream for 4.5 years then got Botox do you have pain during bms after bms or both I used to have major pain during bms then an ache for half to full day now after Botox it's mild pain to just discomfort once every now an then there won't even be discomfort but that's rare
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Shannon » 08 Dec 2018, 00:03

Usually after a retear it takes about a week for it to settle down and not hurt using the cream. Then it’s like I don’t have it and still do everything the same with cream etc. I’m going to see how it goes this week to settle it down
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 08 Dec 2018, 00:14

Mine was exactly the same at the start it's still like that now but better. The last few days though I can't get my bms sorted they keep going hard at the tips a problem I've had on an off for a while it always use to set me back now for 7-10 days now it just sets me back a few days so I'm doing better but not fixed where abouts do you live? I'm in NZ and the surgeons here offer Botox before the lis surgery
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Shannon » 08 Dec 2018, 00:26

Yes sometimes I have hard tips too. I think it’s when I haven’t completely emptied the day before. Also if I get too acidic (coffee even decaf, wine, chocolate) I think it really changes my poop.
I live in Las Vegas!;)
My dr offers Botox. Loves it. He does them a lot. And was really pleased on my recent healing on nitroglycerin. He doesn’t reccomend the Lis actually—due to risks.
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 08 Dec 2018, 01:38

Apparently the hard tips not fully emptying is because of the fissure the discomfort creates a spasm the makes the anus muscle close off to avoid more damage so it's a horrible cycle : (
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Shannon » 08 Dec 2018, 08:57

Ok that makes sense! Has Botox helped you much?
Shannon
Fibre Addict