Botox have success?

Have you healed your fissure successfully with Botox shot?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox have success?

Postby Shannon » 07 Dec 2018, 18:01

My CRT is reccomending I get the Botox shot. Any success stories? :thanx:
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Botox have success?

Postby BrooklynButt » 08 Dec 2018, 11:53

I'd say it's too early for me to call it a success story but it has definitely improved things. I believe there have been some people on here who have had more complete success with it. If you are adverse to surgery (as I am) I would definitely say it is something worth a shot before the surgical option.

Also, I'll say that I mostly didn't have many ill effects from the shot itself. I did develop a small external hemorrhoid a few days after but it only lasted a few days and in the History of Hemorrhoids that I also have it was a very minor one. Haven't had any control issues.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Shannon » 08 Dec 2018, 12:29

Brooklynbutt when did you get it? Glad so far you’re having a good result. My friends husband just got it done 3 weeks ago (we have same CRT) and reports wishing he did it sooner.
I’m probably scheduled for 2-3 weeks and at this point I’m going for it. I need relief and healing so I can live life. I’m just concerned it coming back after Botox wears off....unclear to me if this will ever completely heal
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Postby BrooklynButt » 08 Dec 2018, 12:38

Hi Shannon,

I got it in late October. I didn't really feel much in the way of improvement until towards the end of November so for your husband only being 2-3 weeks out it isn't surprising to me that he hasn't felt a ton of improvement yet. Hopefully that will take a turn for the better soon. My CRS seemed optimistic at my follow-up appointment so if your CRS is recommending it to you I do think it is worth a shot (just my opinion and no pun intended of course). I do worry about it coming back too, since I have read that is not uncommon with Botox but I am trying to be better at being at peace with this being a "One step at a time" kind of thing. If you do go for it please keep me posted on how it works for you.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Postby BrooklynButt » 08 Dec 2018, 12:38

Sorry, friend's husband, not your husband.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Postby Lsfb1989 » 08 Dec 2018, 13:09

Im just about to have my 2nd go at Botox? First was okay for about 4 months but as it wore off everything came back.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Shannon » 29 Dec 2018, 15:22

BrooklynButt wrote:Hi Shannon,

I got it in late October. I didn't really feel much in the way of improvement until towards the end of November so for your husband only being 2-3 weeks out it isn't surprising to me that he hasn't felt a ton of improvement yet. Hopefully that will take a turn for the better soon. My CRS seemed optimistic at my follow-up appointment so if your CRS is recommending it to you I do think it is worth a shot (just my opinion and no pun intended of course). I do worry about it coming back too, since I have read that is not uncommon with Botox but I am trying to be better at being at peace with this being a "One step at a time" kind of thing. If you do go for it please keep me posted on how it works for you.

Brooklynbutt
How are you doing now?
I got my Botox yesterday
Shannon
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 03 Jan 2019, 16:24

Lsfb1989 and Shannon how are you both doing? I had Botox 10 months ago it really helped but I have a problem with keeping my stools normal they always randomly go hard if I slip up with food or water or certain times of them month then I get hard stools for a few days I'm sitting in the tub now after a hard stool that caused the most blood I've seen yet and pain like pre Botox but if you can have normal stools everyday I would most certainly recommend the Botox it's made my life better I'm booked in for more this year.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Lsfb1989 » 03 Jan 2019, 16:45

I definately dont feel the numbness i did last time, not sure why, perhaps i am used to it? Painfree poops at the moment, but I am also still taking the Laxido stuff so I am going at least once a day. If I dont take it, I get really constipated.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby missy moo » 03 Jan 2019, 17:08

Lsfb1989 that's great news painfree is nice isn't it, how long ago did you have your 2nd shot?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37