Botox-Anyone had it before? Advice? Help!

Anal Fissure- Botox advise please!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Botox-Anyone had it before? Advice? Help!

Postby John L » 06 Aug 2018, 16:32

Hello,

I am new to this forum and thank you all in advance for the great support I have seen on other topics. I’m 45 years old and I’ve been suffering from an anal fissure for a few years now. I’ve tried the medications but did not respond well to them. I also do the sitz baths three times a day. My pain has gotten so extreme that I find myself in pain constantly. My doctor recommended Botox injections but I’m afraid of any complications such as incontinence even if it is only temporary. I live a very active and busy lifestyle and could not imagine this outcome but I can’t handle this pain any longer. Any help or advice from someone who has been in similar circumstance and had Botox I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide!
John L

Topics: 1

Re: Botox-Anyone had it before? Advice? Help!

Postby Botoxgirl » 23 Aug 2018, 17:28

Hi!

So I had Botox 4 days ago and was feeling pretty nervous, especially after reading about lots of peoples’ difficult experiences on here.

However, so far so good - no issues with incontinence or flatulence (my consultant told me this is very rare), and pain levels manageable. I was given co-drydamol to take regularly for the pain, took it on days 1 and 2 but it made me very dizzy so I’ve now swapped to paracetamol which is good enough. Admittedly a little uncomfortable and swollen still but nothing compared to the pain of the fissure at it’s worst. I went back to work for half a day on day 3 (a bit uncomfortable to walk but ok) and a full day today (basically fine).

For context, I’m 32 and active - I know age and activity levels do make a difference in terms of healing etc.

Fingers crossed the Botox does the trick and the fissure heals!
Botoxgirl
Fibre Addict

Postby MarkM » 25 Oct 2018, 08:52

Botox girl - how is your BOTOX results
MarkM
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Botoxgirl » 25 Oct 2018, 17:30

Not great so far - AF is still bleeding so not healed yet. The Botox has definitely relaxed things - but apparently not enough. Hoping it might still heal before the Botox wears off as I really don’t fancy a sphincterotomy...
Botoxgirl
Fibre Addict

Postby MarkM » 25 Oct 2018, 18:20

Hoping faster recovery for you.
Keep us updated
MarkM
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Ksbiddy » 11 Dec 2018, 10:34

https://www.facebook.com/groups/266969863992662/

Just had Botox myself, join our group on fb for fissure support! I’ll post an update on my Botox soon when I have time to observe results!
Ksbiddy
Fibre Addict