Bruised Feeling

Confused with this type of pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bruised Feeling

Postby Neds » 11 Dec 2018, 04:57

Hi All,

Just after some quick advice... This morning I had 2 bowel movements within half an hour of each other. The first one was about a Bristol 5 and the second one was quite loose. Neither bowel movement hurt while it was happening, but hurt afterwards. I was able to have a sitz bath with both.

After, I popped in my 4% GTN with no pain, and the area didn't feel too tight, but now... Goodness... I don't seem to have spasms but the whole area feels BRUISED! I feel like my rectum has done 10 rounds with Tyson.

Has anyone experience this before? I'm totally confused because it's a very different type of pain!
Neds
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Bruised Feeling

Postby rlb273 » 28 Dec 2018, 16:45

Hi, yes this is exactly how I feel too.

I never have pain with my BM. I'm able to put in my Diltiazem after but sometimes (like today) it just feels chronically achy. It's not spasming per se, just feels like a worn out tired muscle ache.

How long have you had your AF?

I'm going on almost a year since this began. I've been on Diltiazem for about 3.5 months and it has gotten way better. I've gone from having burning pain and spotty blood to no blog and this dull aching bruised feeling after a BM. It's nto painful, but just is nagging and constantly present.

Hoping it gets better!
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Neds » 28 Dec 2018, 16:53

Hiya, I got mine nearly 2 months ago and I’m onto my 6th week of GTN now. Pain has completely gone during a bowel movement!

I’ve noticed since the bruised feeling started, lumps have formed in my bottom... so I’m wondering if the pain is from the lumps!

Do you feel like the Diltiazem is working??
Neds
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby rlb273 » 28 Dec 2018, 19:11

I feel like so far it has done wonders for my situation.

I didn’t even know what an af was for months before I realized that is what was causing this soreness. Unfortunately time was not on my side and it went on much longer than it should have.

Yes, the lumps. I feel the same when I’m applying my opintment. I think that it is scar tissue that has formed around the fissure or is forming. It does not feel smooth like the rest of the area.

Sometimes the aches are just worse some days than others. For me more than 1 bm and exercise are exacerbating factors.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4