Fissure or hemorrhoids?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure or hemorrhoids?

Postby MirandaYvonne » 04 Sep 2018, 19:50

So I just got over a fissure a little over a month ago. That fissure has lasted almost six months, and it was agony. I’ve been great back then, actually back to normal. And now I’m bleeding again when I have a BM. I know I also had hemorrhoids along with the fissure, but the hemorrhoids never seemed to bother me (or go away). I’m wondering if the blood this time is caused by internal hemorrhoids or another fissure.
I first noticed the bleeding yesterday after a day where I had been straining to go (it wasn’t really hard stool, I just felt the urge to go and tried to when I think my body wasn’t ready yet). Tonight, I had what felt like pretty soft stool, no pain at all, but what looked like even more blood than last night.
When I had my fissure before I was in intense pain. I have almost none with this bleeding, maybe a little sore afterward. So it has me thinking maybe it’s just hemorrhoids. Any thoughts? TIA
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Fissure or hemorrhoids?

Postby Gray » 05 Sep 2018, 07:33

I'm in the same boat as you. I currently have a fissure which my CRS says is healing. I also have hemorrhoids too. Nearly every BM has a little bit of blood in it since I was put on the creams for the fissure. I'd say its your hemorrhoids acting up since you're not having any pain afterwards.
Gray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Gray » 05 Sep 2018, 11:08

She said it could be both. She thinks the creams are doing their job and making more blood flow to the area and may causing the bleeding since my pain levels have gotten so much better.
Gray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby MirandaYvonne » 05 Sep 2018, 15:13

The bleeding again only started two or so days ago, so I haven’t seen the Dr recently. Wanted to see if it would just go away on its own
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather

Postby MarkM » 04 Jan 2019, 23:29

Miranda, how you doing now
MarkM
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby MirandaYvonne » 05 Jan 2019, 12:12

Occasionally some blood still, but the pain is still there every time basically. I just taking acetominaphen to dull it to get through my day. The pain isn’t usually severe. I think I’ve kind of just resigned myself to living like this
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather