Recurring Fissure, Post-LIS

Recurring Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Recurring Fissure, Post-LIS

Postby caesar717 » 29 Jun 2016, 17:53

Hey there, everyone: I'm going to make this long story short.

Two years ago, I had LIS done to fix my fissure, and it was a great success. I also lost fifty pounds!

Two years later, for a variety of reasons, I've gained thirty-forty pounds, I'm severely depressed, and I'm under more stress than I have ever been (emotionally and physically).

Today after work, I pooped and it was like I opened the Gates of Hell with the fire of a thousand suns and shrapnel in my butt. There was no blood in the toilet or on the paper, but it feels exactly like it did the last time. I came home, stripped off all my clothes, and lay down on the floor next to the cat with my cheeks spread wide.

Is it possible that I really re-opened the fissure, or that my crazy stress/depression/poor diet/lack of sleep/toxic work environment/long distance relationship/weight gain/<your excuse here> caused a new fissure? (FWIW, I stopped taking laxatives two months ago at the advice of my GP.)

I feel like I really ripped myself a new one here, and of course I am going to the doc tomorrow to get this checked out... I'm prepared for surgery, but I'm also really disappointed in myself.

Any advice or words of wisdom would be awesome... hoping for the best, prepared for the worst over here.
caesar717

Topics: 2

Re: Recurring Fissure, Post-LIS

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Jul 2016, 15:19

Hey Caesar,

I feel so sorry for you and completely understand where you're coming from. LIS doesn't stop you getting fissures sadly, it only reduces sphincter pressure and helps in healing of any future cut.

Any retear can feel so disheartening but thanks to your LIS you should heal soon if it is re-torn but the lack of blood is a good sign. (it could be scar tissue?)

make sure you keep up with Sitz baths post BM, I find them to be life savers.

positive vibes sent your way - FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Recurring Fissure, Post-LIS

Postby Hope21 » 08 Jan 2019, 18:58

Hi Caesar,

Hope all is well. I wanted to check if the recurring fissure disappeared soon? I know this was 2.5 years ago I'm considering having an LIS so I wanted to check.
Hope21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2