Post Botox Recovery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby SueC361 » 02 Mar 2019, 21:24

Greetings! Very happy to have found this group. I’ve been wrestling with a fissure for about 6 months now and had the Botox injections 2 weeks ago. My primary care doctor was treating me for hemorrhoids which the surgeon told me were fine. So, I wonder if they could have been treated from the get go simply with creams. My two questions are: 1. Should I continue to use my primary care doctor where she misdiagnosed and essentially was irritating the fissures and 2. Is it normal to sometimes still be uncomfortable after a bowel movement for a few hours even after the Botox treatment? Thank you.
SueC361

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie

Postby patience_and_healing » 06 Mar 2019, 11:11

Our stories are somewhat similar. I was treated with hydrocortisone suppositories for my fissure when it first showed up even though the basic exam was very indicative of a fissure. I'm pretty sure that they made things worse even though I only used them for a few days. I never went back to that doctor because who knows what else she would wrongly diagnose.

Botox can take some time to kick in fully so there will be some discomfort for the first few days. Just remember to keep BMs soft yet formed so that your body has a chance to fully heal. I continued using nifedipine while the Botox was active but you should ask your doctor about that. Ointments may cause long term sensitivity if overused.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby SueC361 » 06 Mar 2019, 11:55

I appreciate the reply. It is seemingly getting better as time goes by. My follow up is March 21. The surgeon has me using Balneol cleansing lotion which seems to have helped.
SueC361

Postby SueC361 » 06 Mar 2019, 11:56

I appreciate the reply. It is seemingly getting better as time goes by. My follow up is March 21. The surgeon has me using Balneol cleansing lotion which seems to have helped.
SueC361

Postby missy moo » 18 Mar 2019, 19:58

Hi Sue I had Botox a year ago and for me the first two weeks after Botox felt the same as before Botox then over the next four weeks after that I slowly started to get better and from then till now my life has been a lot better I still have uncomfortable days and some mild pain days but nothing like what it was before the Botox before Botox I would have pain all day after a bm but now I only have pain or discomfort during a BM and a max of pain or discomfort for up to 30 afterwards I still see blood everyday but I'm struggling to get my stools consistent I recently became vegetarian so I'm hoping that this will help if you have any questions feel free to ask me anything also
while getting the Botox I received another fissure from the procedure I'm now booked in for a second dose of Botox and apparently Botox is more successful once a second dose has been administered so more people heal from round 2 I'm scared of round two because I don't want to go backwards I'm happier now not perfect but also don't want to go back to what I was before the first Botox I don't know how I could go backwards but it's just that fear thing you know
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby SueC361 » 19 Mar 2019, 22:02

Thanks Missy. That’s a big help. My follow up is this Thursday. Today is the 4th day of no discomfort. No blood for weeks. My bottomitself is starting to feel normal again-no swelling. I pray he does not suggest surgery. I read about a surgeon in Cortland Manor NY who uses steroids as a procedure, similar to Botox. I booked an appointment early April with him in the event my current surgeon says surgery. It’s a 2 hour drive, but I feel it’s worth it. I watch my diet too... fiber supps, lots of water, mostly vegetarian. Some of the fiber rich foods, especially the grains and oats causes multiple bowel movements, not sure if this is a help or hindrance. I also watch the real gassy foods because if I have to hold it while in a public place, I’m afraid that’s going to effect the fissures. It really is a whole new world!
SueC361

Postby missy moo » 19 Mar 2019, 22:14

That's great to hear, here's hoping it's all behind you now
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37