Doing well then BAM, more pain

Happened after exercise

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Doing well then BAM, more pain

Postby rlb273 » 13 Mar 2019, 09:35

Hey everyone,

I've been away for a little bit because I was doing way better since my last post! Since January I have hardly had any issues. I even went for a 2 week long trip to Europe with hardly any pain or discomfort.

After eating way too much cheese in France I decided I would go for a run on my second day back. I ran 3 miles and then did some chest presses and bicep work. one hour after my workout I was hit with excruciating pain. Like the worst I have felt all year.

I thought after a few months I would be better and that I could start up these activities again.

Over and over I have been told that exercise is GOOD for fissure recovery but every time I do any kind of lifting the spasms come back and last for like a day.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm starting to feel I'm just weird... a lot of people say to keep exercising. But I just can't, it hurts so much after.

Before AF I was so active and going to the gym all the time. Now I never workout and consider long walks my exercise — which as a 28 y/o guy is not satisfying. I have lost a lot of muscle mass and feel like I'm getting soft around the middle.

I just want my life back. I have these visions of me in ten years, obese with health problems saying it is all because of this fissure.

Not really sure what I'm seeking with this post... just kind of feel like I'm at my wits end and needed to vent.

Thanks everyone.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Doing well then BAM, more pain

Postby Abu » 13 Mar 2019, 11:41

Sorry to hear your story mate. Are you 100% sure it is fissure pain? Maybe you have a pelvic floor disfunction and lifting might have put pressure on it.
I lift continously for 5 years ever since I got the fissure but never had any issues due to lifting. It is tru that I no longer go for big weights - light and moderate at best. But it works and I am happy with the results.
And I am 45 so I find it very surprising that at 28 you have to go through this...
I wish I could help you but honestly have no clue why you have these symptoms.

Best of luck to you my friend!
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby rlb273 » 13 Mar 2019, 11:56

Thanks for your reply Abu.

I have always had hemorrhoids and I wonder if this is not related to these. Like maybe in wiping my hemorrhoids I have weakened the skin, thus it hurts or tears when I put pressure on it.

I'm kind of at a loss. Fissure is closed, but the spasms keep coming and are triggered by exercise, especially lifting.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 13 Mar 2019, 18:46

Hey rib, I’m 45 and 7 months post LIS. I was always active and had hemorrhoids on and off through life, worked out a lot, worked construction, got married had kids and bam a year ago got a fissure. I know stress played a big role but from the first I always noticed this pain at the tailbone. On both sides of it, tendon? Muscle?
I always deadlift and lunges, loved the things but stopped after the fissure. It still always felt sore, bruised. After my LIS maybe a month, I leaned over to pick up something heavy and felt a little pop at the tailbone, pain for a week afterwards.
My LIS recovery has been up and down, I still need to woodwork and that disrupts it. I feel good for a week, workout, work and then I am bad for a week sometimes 2.
I think hems play a big role in this. Now a month ago, no tailbone pain, all of a sudden. Weird. I take miralax and I think that helps. I trailed off a bit and have a stomach flu going around the hous and had a sting today so now discomfort.
What I’m getting at is try reading about tailbone damage and how working out wrong can hurt it and it needs rest maybe surgery. Hope this helps sorry for punctuation and grammar. WW
Deleted User 7275

Postby rlb273 » 14 Mar 2019, 09:48

Hey WW, Thanks for the reply. That could be the culprit. I know that I did have a fissure as I could see it. Not to be too graphic (that's why we're here I guess) but when I poop my hemorrhoids come out. When it comes time to wipe I am actually wiping a hemorrhoid not necessarily my butthole.

I just wonder after years and years of this same thing it hasn't just worn the skin down and made it prone to tearing. Right before my fissure I was squatting the most weight I had ever squatted before, then this happened. It's been about 7 months since I stopped squatting but I'm still feeling this pain. The pain even comes on when I do upper body work.

I wonder if there isn't more wrong...
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby Abu » 14 Mar 2019, 11:12

Did you try banding those damn hems?
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rlb273 » 14 Mar 2019, 11:49

Well Abu I think I should but they go away when I'm not pooping. They only come out then and then after they go back in. It's so annoying and I have had them my whole life.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby Abu » 14 Mar 2019, 12:46

You definitely should try to band them. It's completely painless and the intervention takes 10min. Maybe you will get rid of these issues for good
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rlb273 » 16 Mar 2019, 13:47

Follow up to my post.

Today I ran and did body weight exercises (no weights except the ones for shoulders) and the pain is markedly less after exercise. It is still there, but just not as pronounced.

Before running I used a lot of Vaseline on my butt and I think that reduced friction of my hemorroids. I guess that is an ok short term fix.

Just kind of happy that I was able to get outside and move and do some bodyweight exercises without feeling excruciating pain after. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is maybe a 3. That is progress for me.

May just end up switching my exercise routine to doing only body weight exercises for now then reevaluate in a few months.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby Okaybum » 16 Mar 2019, 16:57

Sounds like a plan!
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8