Scar Tissue?

Scar tissue due to fissure.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scar Tissue?

Postby jerkypuck » 30 Dec 2018, 12:52

Hello! I am a 38 year old gay man who has suffered from fissures in the past. The last flare I had was about 5 years ago. During that time I entered a relationship wherein my sexual role was that of a top. Recently that relationship ended and after a while I wanted to resume having sex in a bottoming role. Problem is I have found I have a very tough ring of tissue inside my rectum that simply won't stretch further than a couple of fingers. I am worried this may be scar tissue and have read about analplasty or flap surgery. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
jerkypuck

Topics: 1

Re: Scar Tissue?

Postby Fissurefrustration » 01 Apr 2019, 09:32

Hi jerky,

I’ve had surgery to remove a bit of stenosis and I really regret it as it’s meft me with so many issues. I too have scar tissue that won’t stretch and anything going up the back passage seems to rip it open at the 11pm position with no blood though then pain on Bm for ages after.

Gentle dilation is apparently the way forward for scar tissue but I’m not sure. I really do feel your pain!!

ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Scar Tissue?

Postby mcintj1212 » 03 Jan 2020, 18:03

Honestly, I found poppers were helpful, as much as I don't like the idea of them. It loosened things up well so that I was not having any pain or making things worse and eventually my butt got used to it again.
mcintj1212
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1