Greek surgeons' fissure treatment

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Greek surgeons' fissure treatment

Postby Bloops » 14 Mar 2019, 09:20

No burning pains.

I've never used any pain meds after the surgery.

I am still healing. I have some dull pains and slight stings at times in the day. But very slight. From reading other people's accounts of surgery in that area I think it may be some slight nerve damage. But again it is nothing compared to the fissure pain that had me dependent on morphine and diclofinac pills.

Today is day 15 after the surgery. Still doing my own cooking, dishes, laundry and groceries. With maintaining healthy bowel movements and some creams (1 special cream given by the doctor for after bowel movements, 1 cream for hemorrhaging and swelling to apply every night for 30 days, and some zinc oxide aka sudocrem to replace the suppository that the doctor prescribed) I am confident I will be in pretty good shape 1 month from now.

I hope u do opt for the laser surgery. It is more precise and results in less scar tissue.. And from what I hear concerning pain levels of traditional fissurectomy, my experience pales in comparison as I will call my sensations as discomfort. This has been Dr. Pappas' experience as well as he assured me there will be no significant pain afterwards.

All the best
Bloops
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 26 Mar 2019, 10:42

How are you doing now Bloops?
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Bloops » 02 Apr 2019, 15:34

Hey owmybum,

I'm doing pretty OK. I will say 90%

My bms are good. I'm still nervous and I get a dull sensation... I use the word sensation and not pain because it's definitely not a pain.

I might get a very slight spasm or sting or both once or twice a day for a half a second. But it is more scary than painful. I am lifting heavier things in the grocery and also going to work for 8 hours a day, 3 days a week. I sit behind a computer for most of my job.

I tried to start back singing but singing from the diaphragm and the breath control for long runs might be causing pressure. I have had to cancel a show because I can't get back in performance shape yet.

As a result of trying to get there and pushing my voice.. I did get a spot of blood. On 2 occasions last week... I have narrowed it down to a few possible causes.
1. Acidic foods. I was having lots of tomato and Mandarins that week. So it may have been irritating the surgery site.
2. The singing as mentioned above
3. Stress from a toxic romantic relationship that I just had to quit for the sake of healing.

Changing those 3 things and I have not seen any blood at all. Again. It was just a spot of blood on the first pass with toilet paper. Overall there are no major backward steps in terms of pain, blood or difficulty in the bathroom.

I still recommend this procedure 100%.

I haven't tried exercising yet but I will wait a couple more weeks. I have a show on May 10th so I hope I can start practing at home by mid April. I would hate to cancel my 3rd show for the year.

Im still very restrictive with my food. Just oatmeal in the morning, baked tofu and veggies for lunch and dinner or maybe a soup. Snacks are fruits, soy yoghurt, prunes, dates and dark chocolate. Lots of water and slowly lowering my docusate sodium. I should be at 100g a day by next week.
No more prescribed creams.. Just some aloe Vera gel after my morning bm.. And a warm. Water with coconut oil soak once a day or maybe every other day.

Again I may just be overly cautious but I really had a nightmare experience where I had pain for 8 hours a day and I could not even stand or sit for more than 10 minutes. So I am still a bit traumatised.

Otherwise I'm thankful to Dr. Pappas for my immense progress so far.

I hope this helps. Laser surgery to the world!!!
Bloops
Fibre Addict

Postby Bloops » 02 Apr 2019, 15:38

Oh.
And the post surgery bump is gone.

Just a tag from the fissure that was there before surgery, but it has gotten significantly smaller.

Inside, I can feel the roughness where the fissure was. But overall the area seems to be pretty neat and in tact. No infections etc.

Take care
Bloops
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 03 Apr 2019, 03:55

That’s wonderful news, I’m so happy for you!

Yes, the horror of a fissure stays with you..... I seriously think you can have PTSD from it. I’m sure I do.

Please let us know how you get on...... and good luck with your show, I hope you improve enough to sing again soon!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Bkan » 04 Apr 2019, 07:56

Hi bloops

So glad you ate feeling well. I definitely agree with you that stress is one factor that causes the flare ups. I've started to do deep breathing to relax the muscles in my body including the anus.

Good luck with your singing journey and remember deep breaths when you feel stressed it works for me.
Bkan
Fibre Addict