How to apply coconut oil suppository?

I've heard that the bullet size suppository can make fissure worse. Anyone with success stories?

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

How to apply coconut oil suppository?

Postby Dani » 10 Jan 2019, 14:02

I've been suffering from chronic anal fissure for the past year. I consulted multiple doctors and tried all medications possible with no sight of cure. I recently began using the coconut oil and found it to help in relieving the pain. Since the oil melts in my hand, I decided to make homemade suppositories. I've been using them at night and they seem to be working. I've been pain free for one week, but not completely healed.

To aid the healing better, I started using the suppository during the day time and have been experiencing some pain like discomfort. I also read that the use of the bullet size suppository could cause more tears. Has anyone that used suppository share some tips on what you did to help you? For instance, did you peel and insert the suppository directly from the freezer or did you leave it out for a few mins to melt before inserting?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Dani

Topics: 1

Re: How to apply coconut oil suppository?

Postby SueMac » 12 Jan 2019, 13:45

See if have not had a reply! I think leaving the suppository to defrost for a short time would help stop any scraping and it tends to melt really fast with body heat. Maybe you should experiment. Good luck.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby Kim » 20 Apr 2019, 17:27

Can you coat the suppository with some oil before inserting?
Kim
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby SueMac » 21 Apr 2019, 14:04

I’ve not had issues with them just melting nicely when your body warms the outside. But yes I’m sure oil is fine or Vaseline or nappy/diaper cream.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby BottoxButtocks » 06 Feb 2020, 12:40

I tried suppositories but they made my fissure pain worse. I think it was re-tearing my fissure. The Doc told me to stop using....
BottoxButtocks

Postby Chwn2001 » 06 Feb 2020, 22:04

You need to peel and insert the suppository directly!
Here is how I've done it. Get coconut oil and a straw, fill coconut oil into the straw, close both ends of the straw and put it in the refrigerator. When coconut oil frozen inside the tube, take the tube out of the fridge and use a chopstick to push the frozen coconut oil out of tube about one inch, immediately apply it before it start to melt. I've used this method for about 2 weeks, it completely healed.
Chwn2001