New to forums - questions with healing

Anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New to forums - questions with healing

Postby Nt5353 » 21 Apr 2019, 21:17

Hello All,

I'm new here, hoping some can shed some light on the healing process..

I got a AF in Jan 2019 after passing a large stool. It had blood so I freaked out and when to the GP.

The GP immediately knew it was an AF after describing the pain, blood, and muscle spasms I had for the past few days.

He prescribed me with doscute sodium 250mg (stool softener).

Fast forward to April 2019, the muscle spasms are gone.. no real pain after BM. However, from time to time I would feel a sting/cracking feel/like pooping glass when BM. Also, sometimes there is still blood, but goes away after a few wipes.

For the past 4 weeks, I have been taking the stool softener everyday, and applied Prep H cream 2x a day.

Thought I was healing.. but today, I passed another large stool.. there was blood and tearing pain when BM.

I examined myself and saw there was a tear (probably retear) on the outside lining of my anus...

Questions:

1. Will Vaseline help with healing?
- I've been using Prep H, but I don't think this helps

2. It is okay to keep taking stool softeners?
- I feel like this helps the most by keep the stool smooth and non bulky.

3. What is a better indicator for healing?
- less pain? Less blood?
- I'm feeling less pain overrall (better than before), but pooping blood freaks me out..

Thx for the input!
Nt5353

Topics: 1

Re: New to forums - questions with healing

Postby Bloodybum » 21 Apr 2019, 22:02

Standard prep H is typically useless. If it's the kind with vasoconstrictors I'd think it makes it worse. The lidocaine prep H however is great for the pain. Keep taking stool softeners as long as you need. Whatever you gotta do to keep stool soft. I dunno what the bigger indicators of healing are. I would guess both are important.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Nt5353 » 21 Apr 2019, 22:49

Bloodybum wrote:Standard prep H is typically useless. If it's the kind with vasoconstrictors I'd think it makes it worse. The lidocaine prep H however is great for the pain. Keep taking stool softeners as long as you need. Whatever you gotta do to keep stool soft. I dunno what the bigger indicators of healing are. I would guess both are important.

Right on. I'm stopping the use of Prep H.

Any thoughts of Vaseline? I also hear coconut oil works too. But what's best to help heal the tear?

The tear I see is light. Kinda like a paper cut (in terms of thickness and depth).
Nt5353

Postby Bloodybum » 22 Apr 2019, 08:32

A lot of people seem to swear by coconut oil, but I'm not sure if they are using in topically or actually putting it inside almost like an enema to help lubricate the movement. I haven't tried it.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Abu » 22 Apr 2019, 10:37

Vaseline is thicker and if applied internally helps make the passage of stool unnoticed by the fissure.
Healing takes time, lots of time and patience, and indeed, like BB said, you need to keep taking softeners for a long time.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Nt5353 » 22 Apr 2019, 13:11

Thx for the reponses guys.

Is Vaseline safe for internal use?
- I've been just applying it outside.
- when I was using prep h, I used gloves and was able to stick my figure up there (about half inch or so).
- safe to use same tatic with Vaseline?

Took another big poop this morning... Felt tearing, stings, burning sensation, and blood. :(

Although I don't really have an after effect of pain after BM. After about 15-30 minutes, my butt feels normal.

Hope that's a good sign..
Nt5353

Postby Abu » 22 Apr 2019, 21:54

Nobody really knows what is safe, especially for long term use, since there are no studies made. We're basically on our own trying to figure out ways to heal.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3